• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What a NIGHTMARE! Never again!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
So I see posts here relatively often about interactions with stranger's kids that are just crazy. I used to think there's no way stuff like that really happened. I'm usually great work kids. I'd been around brats, but never anything crazy. Kids are difficult sometimes. I was WRONG, omfg, so wrong.

Background: SO's uncle passed away unexpectedly. I couldn't find a babysitter for DD(2), but SO needed me, and there was a nursery with speakers to hear the music and service, so I thought I'd be nice and offer to keep an eye on other little ones who's parents couldn't find childcare either. I just wanted to support SO and help. No good deed goes unpunished.

These parents brought 3 kids in, all boys, 3,5,and 7. The youngest and oldest were fine, but the middle kid was SATAN. He kept going in the bathroom in the room and trying to squirt soap and hand sanitizer everywhere, pulling at the blinds on the window, trying to get out into the sanctuary area, messing with the volume control. I tried to engage him in conversation and play, but he laughed in my face. The first thing he actually says to me is "My mom wants to get rid of me." Jesus fucking christ, how do I respond to that??? He's 5!! Wtf? I just said "Oh, I'm sure she loves you very much." And he just laughed.

His behavior got increasingly worse as it went on. I had to stand guard at the door so he wouldn't get out, with my hand covering the volume. He tried going in my purse and taking stuff out with me WATCHING HIM DO IT. He started hitting and kicking his brothers. All the kids had a sucker, and after he ate his I had turned my back for 2 seconds to let someone in and he pushed down my DD and took her sucker!! I nearly lost it then, and got down on his level and firmly told him that that wasn't very nice, and he'd better behave and I swear to god the little bastard spit in my face and said "Fuck you, bitch!!" I was in complete shock!! I went and said that someone needed to have his parents come get him while he was still breathing. I offered to babysit, not MONSTERsit!! How do you just drop your kid off with a stranger knowing they act like that and not even warn them at all???

I will NEVER offer something like that again. Lesson learned.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2017 at 1:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 1:58 AM
I would have whipped that kids ass!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 1:59 AM
Yea..you lasted longer than i would.
iwicked
by Sugar Magnolia on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:02 AM
Why didn't you go get his mother?
WickedOpal
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:03 AM

Yeah, no.  I couldn't do that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:05 AM

I would have had him stand in the corner. When he refused, I would have stood right there and held him firmly in the corner. If he tried to turn around, I would tell him he would be there for longer, and everytime, he looked in the other direction, I would have added time to it. If another child needed me, I would take him by his arm right along with me. I would have made it clear, (100% clear) that he would get NO FREEDOM until he proved he could do so

When he cursed, I would have said we do NOT use those words. and if he laughed, I would say let's see how funny you think it is when you are forced to clean up this entire room when the other children have been picked up. And a lollipop? No way would he have gotten a sucker in the first place. I would tell him flat out those are for the GOOD KIDS, and if he tried to steal one I would have ripped it out of his mouth so fast and threatened to call the cops on his little ass for stealing if he did it again.

By the time mom came to pick him up his little ass would have been scared to death and begging to never be left with me again. I can promise you that.

fairymaid23
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:05 AM
What did the parents say when they came and got him?
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:09 AM

Oh you lasted way longer than I would have.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:12 AM
I wanted to, but it was just me with 4 kid, two of which were rowdy toddlers, and one who was Satan incarnate. I couldn't bring myself to interrupt SO's uncle's funeral for that, :/ I just grinned and bared it as best I could, hoping I could just power through and complete the task I offered to do. It was my own big fat mouth that got me there after all. I know better now though.

Quoting iwicked: Why didn't you go get his mother?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:14 AM
I would have called or gone and found the parents of the kid. I have 4 of my own and they can be booty heads sometimes at home but would NEVER be disrespectful in public. No way would I let that happen.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:19 AM
I am practically Mary Poppins when it comes to kids, lol, and I am not even sure how I would have reacted to that. You lasted way longer than most! His parents should not have left him with you, that was just irresponsible on their part.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)