Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Internet nurses! Any ideas what the problem is

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
So let me start by saying, if my daughter has more issues tomorrow, we'll be going to a doctor. For now, it's 1:20 am and I'm stuck home with no car and 3 other kids sleeping.

So earlier my 12 year old came home saying she had a headache. I had her take some childrens tablets. She said it helped a little. She was warm, but no fever. She was cold though and was walking around in her big puffy coat. We're in Texas and it's chilly at best. Far from freezing. She asked to go to bed at 6. I said ok. She came out at 8:45 or so crying like she hasn't in a very long time. Saying her head was pounding and she had a nightmare. From the description, it seemed like a night terror. After calming her she went back to bed.

She came out again around 11 saying the same thing. Still no fever. More history is we've all had a cold this week and we're all still recovering with lingering symptoms. Sunday she was around dogs and her allergies got so bad one eye was swollen. She has eczema that stays under control with a steroid cream, bleach baths and dove sensitive body wash and Cetaphil lotion. Earlier this month, her and her sisters had lice. Saturday night my baby had a pretty bad injury that's hard on all of us. My husband and I are working on separating. I started working for the first time in years. We haven't told her we're separating because I don't want them to know until he's got a place and can start moving out. But I'm sure she can tell, she's not stupid. All this and we're no longer talking to many people who've been in our lives for as long as she can remember, including my mother. And we almost changed churches, visited about 6 and then haven't gone in a month after I was a worship leader at our home church for as long as she can remember and we would go about twice week. Yes, my life is hell right now. So, could this be something physical, mental or a combination?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:35 AM
Sounds like she's coming down with something, I would give her Motrin and Tylenol together and make sure she's drinking. She could be dehydrated.

ETA: as long as it's within the allotted time. What tablet did you give her?
iwicked
by Sugar Magnolia on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:37 AM
It's most likely a combination. Kids are smarter than we give them credit for. Her headaches may be stress related. You should take her to her pediatrician. Also, she may be starting her period.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2017 at 3:02 AM
It was the equate brand of children's pain reliever. She did drink less than normal.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Sounds like she's coming down with something, I would give her Motrin and Tylenol together and make sure she's drinking. She could be dehydrated.

ETA: as long as it's within the allotted time. What tablet did you give her?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2017 at 3:03 AM
I was thinking the same thing about stress and a period. Do periods cause head she's for some?

Quoting iwicked: It's most likely a combination. Kids are smarter than we give them credit for. Her headaches may be stress related. You should take her to her pediatrician. Also, she may be starting her period.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2017 at 3:05 AM
Btw, I totally suck at googling. My results were literally every condition in the world. I figured maybe somebody had gone through something similar.
iwicked
by Sugar Magnolia on Feb. 15, 2017 at 3:07 AM
Yes. And her period could account for the chills.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I was thinking the same thing about stress and a period. Do periods cause head she's for some?

Quoting iwicked: It's most likely a combination. Kids are smarter than we give them credit for. Her headaches may be stress related. You should take her to her pediatrician. Also, she may be starting her period.
five5grands
by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 12:45 PM

You sure do have a lot on your plate right now.  I am not a medical professional, so do not feel adequate to address the medical issues you describe with your daughter.  However, I would encourage you to re-connect with your church and possibly schedule some family counseling with your pastor or a licensed professional counselor.  You are all experiencing so many changes right now that you are probably all stressed to the limit.  There must be some reasons that you left your church, but above all, please don't leave God out of your lives.  My heart and my prayers are with you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)