• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Our "president" committed treason. What's the next step? *UPDATE*

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 3:18 AM
  • 293 Replies
6 moms liked this

This is a repost from my facebook page. What say the women of Cafemom? 

*ETA* Ok ladies, that is a whole lot of replies! To address the main comments I have seen: Yes, I definitely understand that they won't just give the presidency to a random person. I'm not the one who wrote the post below, and I posted it to get perspectives. While I would *love* for them to just hand it to Clinton, I do understand that is not how it works. If Trump and Pence are both removed, then Ryan will get the position. At this point they could give the office to literally other elected official and I would be fine with that. 

I also don't believe that any "hacking" to win the election was done by Trump or by the Russians. People keep saying that I said that, and I absolutely did not. However, it is indicated that his team had contact with Russian intelligence operatives and officials during the election season. That, in and of itself, is treason. Whether there was any hacking or not, whether they were successful or not, whether Trump "knew" or not, it is the act of using an enemy foriegn power to attempt to influence power or policy in our country. Get this, that is treason. 

Stunning bombshell right now from the New York Times -- Trump campaign chair, campaign officials and Trump associates made repeated contacts and calls with Russian intelligence during the YEAR leading up to the election.
It's what we all suspected. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what was going on: TRUMP COLLUDING WITH THE RUSSIANS TO THROW THE ELECTION TO HIM.
So this is what I want done NOW:
1. I and tens of millions of Americans demand that the weak and spineless Democrats bring Congress to a halt until investigative hearings are held and impeachment charges are filed. We don't want to hear you Dems huff and puff and grandstand and take symbolic actions. We demand that you halt all actions being taken by an illegitimately elected government until this matter is resolved.
2. Attorney General J Beauregard Sessions must immediately appoint a Special Prosecutor to investigate these potentially treasonous acts.
3. So-Called President Trump could save the country a lot of time, money and pain by stepping down tonight.
4. Somehow, our judicial system has to find a way to make restitution to this country. Pence can't be president as he, too, was elected under this same fraud. The court has to rule either that the President is the winner of the popular vote OR the election must be held over. The Republicans-- the beneficiaries of this treason --cannot be allowed to hold on to the power by default. If it turns out there's a traitor in the White House, the judicial branch must find a fair, peaceful way to un-do and then re-do the election of 2016

by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 3:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Valentina327
by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 3:22 AM
They impeached Clinton and I believe Obama, didn't they? They just never stepped down. I suppose the same would happen here.

I thought it was the year prior to the election cycle they were allegedly in contact, not during the campaign?
TheAnnieMac
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 3:27 AM
1 mom liked this

They impeached Clinton but he was found not-guilty of any wrongdoing, so he wasn't required to abandon his office.

They tried, and tried, (and TRIED) to impeach Obama, but he never broke any actual laws so they couldn't.

Impeachment is the term for the trial, not the actual removal from office. 

I believe it was the year prior to the election itself. As in, right in the heart of the election cycle. 

Quoting Valentina327: They impeached Clinton and I believe Obama, didn't they? They just never stepped down. I suppose the same would happen here. I thought it was the year prior to the election cycle they were allegedly in contact, not during the campaign?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 3:29 AM
6 moms liked this
Lol Obama was never impeached, there was never a reason to do so, idiots just kept screaming for it for 8 years.

Clinton was, however, it was already the end of his term when proceedings begun and he was out before it could complete.

You can't be impeached and just not step down.

Quoting Valentina327: They impeached Clinton and I believe Obama, didn't they? They just never stepped down. I suppose the same would happen here.

I thought it was the year prior to the election cycle they were allegedly in contact, not during the campaign?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 3:30 AM
7 moms liked this
This is so much worse than anything Clinton did. It's treason. I hope Trump has the sense to resign. If not, he'll be impeached and be forced out of office.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 3:31 AM
11 moms liked this
I'm just hoping Pence was in on it, and also gets the boot.

Quoting Anonymous 2: This is so much worse than anything Clinton did. It's treason. I hope Trump has the sense to resign. If not, he'll be impeached and be forced out of office.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 3:32 AM
8 moms liked this
Impeachment means the trial process. Two presidents, Clinton and Andrew Johnson, were impeached. Neither were removed from office.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Lol Obama was never impeached, there was never a reason to do so, idiots just kept screaming for it for 8 years.

Clinton was, however, it was already the end of his term when proceedings begun and he was out before it could complete.

You can't be impeached and just not step down.

Quoting Valentina327: They impeached Clinton and I believe Obama, didn't they? They just never stepped down. I suppose the same would happen here.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 3:42 AM
I agree. I would rather see them give it to Durbin and not Clinton because he's the highest sitting and elected non repub.
TheAnnieMac
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 4:57 AM

That would work too, although I would prefer either a new election altogether, or the placement of Clinton who took the majority of the country's votes. 

If she is placed in the office, one of her first acts should be revamping the electoral college, making each state use their electoral votes in a percentage equal to that which that state's citizens voted for.  It's nonsense that if 51% of a state votes for someone 100% of their electoral votes go to that person. 

Quoting Anonymous 3: I agree. I would rather see them give it to Durbin and not Clinton because he's the highest sitting and elected non repub.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 5:22 AM
The gun toters will revolt, :/
readyforhim
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 5:27 AM
10 moms liked this
He should be questioned because he will stumble and then impeached.
He never deserved to be elected president.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)