• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

36wks, sex, blood, & liquid...?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
So, fiance and I were having sex last night. When I orgasmed, there was a small 'pop' feeling inside and a bit of fluid. I've always left a decent size wet spot after orgasm, so I wasn't worried until I went to the restroom and there was a dime size amount of blood. Baby has moved less, my stomach seems softer, and when I woke up this morning I was a TINY BIT wet again. Do you think it was just my usual squirt? I'm really panicking because the blood. But I can't get to l&d til later in the day. And my OB on call, you leave your # and they call back. It takes them HRS to call back! Idk what to do. I'm worried about my baby, but I also don't wanna go running to drs to be laughed at and told I've just squirted... There's absolutely no pain, contractions, cramps, nothing. I'm not sure what to do! I'm strep B pos, so I'm terrified that if it was my water leaking and/or breaking, my baby will die. ): since it was last night, over 8 hrs ago. Please, any advice or past experience from other mamas?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2017 at 5:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
left.drowning
by Fix Me on Feb. 15, 2017 at 5:30 AM
Well Good Morning to you too.
shashta102
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 5:32 AM
I think that you should go get checked out you could be in the first stage of Labor
Meltabaka
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 6:41 AM
Get checked out at the hospital.
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Feb. 15, 2017 at 6:45 AM

You should go get checked...like now.

SAHMJC
by Emerald Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 6:57 AM
If it takes your OB hours to call you back you need a new OB. Though I suppose it's too late for that. It sounds like your water broke. It's not like a big gush like you see on TV or the movies. It can be as much as peeing your pants or it can be just a little bit. But that "pop" leads me to believe that your water broke. Once your water breaks your baby is open to all kinds of infections so it's very important for you to go to get checked out to find out what did happen. You mention that you can't go to labor and delivery until later. That's not really how it works. Especially this far along in pregnancy you need to be able to go to labor and delivery whenever baby decides you need to go. It sounds like you probably haven't had a baby before so that makes it even more important. You could have very very long labors or you could have very short labors you don't know right now. If you're going to have very long labors the first few hours of contractions you might not even be feeling. That's how I am. I went to the doctor's office for a routine checkup and they asked me if I'm feeling these contractions which I wasn't.
fairymom82
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:21 AM
Go get checked at L&D.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:25 AM
The ob on call said that it sounds to her like he just touched my cervix, and that it got irritated and bled a little. But she said since I'm not having pain, that I'm fine and do not need to go in.. :( my next appointment is Tuesday, so I guess I'll just be freaking out silently until then...

Quoting SAHMJC: If it takes your OB hours to call you back you need a new OB. Though I suppose it's too late for that. It sounds like your water broke. It's not like a big gush like you see on TV or the movies. It can be as much as peeing your pants or it can be just a little bit. But that "pop" leads me to believe that your water broke. Once your water breaks your baby is open to all kinds of infections so it's very important for you to go to get checked out to find out what did happen. You mention that you can't go to labor and delivery until later. That's not really how it works. Especially this far along in pregnancy you need to be able to go to labor and delivery whenever baby decides you need to go. It sounds like you probably haven't had a baby before so that makes it even more important. You could have very very long labors or you could have very short labors you don't know right now. If you're going to have very long labors the first few hours of contractions you might not even be feeling. That's how I am. I went to the doctor's office for a routine checkup and they asked me if I'm feeling these contractions which I wasn't.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:26 AM
I called them, they said I was fine until my drs appointment Tuesday. ):

Quoting fairymom82: Go get checked at L&D.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:27 AM
Well, I mean, ya did click on a post titled "sex...blood...liquid..." ya had to figure it'd be gross. 😂

Quoting left.drowning: Well Good Morning to you too.
left.drowning
by Fix Me on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:27 AM
1 mom liked this
True

Quoting Anonymous 1: Well, I mean, ya did click on a post titled "sex...blood...liquid..." ya had to figure it'd be gross. 😂

Quoting left.drowning: Well Good Morning to you too.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)