Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
Tell your friend that you can't make it to work if you were in hospital with family member. I babysit long hours for a friend and my husband has been sick last 4 days so I finally told him he was going to er last night and we did and everything was fine just bad ulcer but we got home around 1030 and I told her I might not make it in depending on what happen (this was around 830/900) so when got home I told her I was staying home. Yeah I could of gone in but I am so tired and slept maybe 4 hours cause my husband still not feeling good. Then I have to get my own children off to school. I also never get anytime with my husband since he works mid nights and I am at work at 730am until 500pm so it hard when he works 530pm until 430am. Plus I been stressed more.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:08 AM
Dh always stayed home when ds was in the hospital.

Yes. I would
mrsmom110
by NO on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:09 AM
1 mom liked this

As long as I had a good attendance record otherwise, I wouldn't have a problem calling off for that reason. You should take a day to get some rest and be close by in case your husb. needs you. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:10 AM
So you would stay home the next day.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Dh always stayed home when ds was in the hospital.

Yes. I would
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:14 AM
Yes.

Quoting Anonymous 1: So you would stay home the next day.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Dh always stayed home when ds was in the hospital.

Yes. I would
Spam72
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:15 AM
1 mom liked this
I go into work unless I'm contagious or my 3 year old isn't allowed at school for the same reason. I HATE missing work and will go in even if I'm tired, sick, etc. I've been queasy all week and I've gone in everyday anyway because I haven't actually thrown up.
Spam72
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:18 AM
1 mom liked this
I will add that I would never have anything but a center watch my kids because they close for illness. Your friend knows that it's always a possibility it will happen. If she absolutely needs daily care with no sick days she should be at a center and pay $1000 a month like I do!!
mamafor6
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:18 AM
I would not want an over tired person, friend or not, caring for my children. Not to mention your DH is sick. Im sure he wants you to take care of him.
I would call off. My family comes first.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:21 AM
My job is watching a friends kids in her home. I am there with her sick kids. She can't have baby at day care cause of sickness since baby is a premie.
Maime13
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:34 AM

Agreed. 

You seem to be searching for the best excuse to call off. The real question is, how much are you going to be putting your friend out if you call off? Is she going to miss work because of you? If so, then you go to work. 

It sounds like you need a break/vacation. I would hope this is something you two have worked out already, but if not it might be time to bring it up. You and your DH could coordinate to have a couple of days off together, at the very least and your friend could have a heads up to make other arrangements.

You don't have a traditional job, with the standard procedures for calling out. Because of the nature of what you do, it's important to be considerate of your friend (who is also your employer). 

Quoting Spam72: I go into work unless I'm contagious or my 3 year old isn't allowed at school for the same reason. I HATE missing work and will go in even if I'm tired, sick, etc. I've been queasy all week and I've gone in everyday anyway because I haven't actually thrown up.

GentleHeartsPA
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:44 AM
If you had said that your child was sick....than ok. I can see calling off of work.
But because your husband is sick?
He is a grown ass man.
You mentioned him starting work at 5:30...does he plan on going to work today?
If so , i dont see why you called in sick.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)