• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think I owe him more?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies
I needed some help moving. So I put an af up on facebook yard sale saying what I needed. I offered $10hr with a gauruntee of at least $25 if we go under 2 hours.

I explained to each person that the job wouldnt be too bad BUT it was some very heavy lifting. I expected it to take like 3 hours but it could go more quickly if things were smooth.

I had a lot of interest but gave the job to a guy who said he really needed money because he had 4 kids.

And I hired a second guy who was about 19. And said he needed the money.

They both came and killed it. It still took like 4 hours. I had no idea it would be that lomg but we had some problems. I gave each guy $50. Thr father of 4 insisted he only take the $40 because its what we agreed to. The other guy took his $50 ans left.

Now the 19 yewr olds girlfriend keeps calling me saying I owe them more money becauas I made it sound like less work than it was. And he wasted a day for $50! She says at least another $100 would be fair.

What should I do?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2017 at 9:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 9:54 AM
4 moms liked this
Block her number.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 9:55 AM
I'd tell her to fuck off.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 9:55 AM
Yea I wouldn't be paying anything else
EponineVader
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 9:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Block the GF and move on with your life. They knew the pay when accepting the job.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 9:56 AM
1 mom liked this
You said $10 an hr, it was 4hrs which would be $40 but you were kind and gave him $50. I think you kept your end of the deal. Ignore the gf. It's not between her and you anyway.
tsatske2
by Latricia on Feb. 15, 2017 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Ignore her. You paid as agreed. If he doesn't like it, he doesn't have to take another job with you, should such a thing even come up.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Tell that you will not be discussing any of this with her.  If she persists, tell her you will be filing harrassment charges with the police. 

merrysgirls
by Lame on Feb. 15, 2017 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this
She's an idiot. Block her.
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Feb. 15, 2017 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Ignore her. Block her if necessary.
shyone_91786
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Tell her to be happy that he even got that much. You did not lie you made it clear that it was $10 an hour and if anything he owes you $10. It was not a $37 an hour job.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)