Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

American Girl Is Finally Releasing Its First Boy Doll!

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 10:57 AM
  • 14 Replies

American Girl Is Finally Releasing Its First Boy Doll!

American Girl is making a big move towards diversity this year, as its new collection will include the company's first boy character, Logan Everett! Logan is a brown-haired musician who plays the drums alongside his girl pal Tenney Grant, a singer-songwriter from Nashville. The two dolls will be available for purchase on Feb. 16, so be sure to set your alarms, because our bets are on Logan flying off the shelves.

Including a boy character in the lineup of toys has been a "top request" from American Girl doll fans for a while now, explained Julie Parks, a company spokesperson. "We do an enormous amount of research with girls and their parents, and the one thing we've heard loud and clear is a desire for more — specifically more characters and stories from today — more experiences, more diversity, and more interests," she said in a press release.

This is a pretty darn big deal, and we applaud the doll makers expanding playtime in this much-needed way! Keep reading for more photos of Logan and Tenney.

by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 10:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Feb. 15, 2017 at 10:58 AM
1 mom liked this

omg I'll have to tell my daughter to tell her little bff.

I love that kid.

Watch out RuPaul...........

morgiefae
by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 10:59 AM
2 moms liked this

OMG I want to get one for my nephew! (my kids are too old/not intrested in the dolls)... and atleast if I get him the boy doll, my bro wont get pissy because I got him a 'girl toy'. 

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Feb. 15, 2017 at 11:03 AM

Lol ;0)

Quoting OwlNuggets:

I love that kid.

Mom-to-2kids
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 11:04 AM
How cute! DD would love to have a boy doll! Wonder if he will come in different skin tones and such also?
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Feb. 15, 2017 at 11:05 AM
1 mom liked this

When I first met this kid he walked up to me, tossed his hair, stuck out his hand and said "Haaaay I'm Jake* and I like totally LOVE your shoes!"

He's 9 lol

Quoting Lunarprancer:

Lol ;0)

Quoting OwlNuggets:

I love that kid.

GLO682
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 11:06 AM

i thought they had a boy before. like the twin babies?

he's cute but luckily i don't buy dolls anymore and especially not pricey ones.

supermama322
by Kaylee on Feb. 15, 2017 at 11:07 AM
I missed your last quote to me in that dinner post! It got deleted for some reason..lol :(
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Feb. 15, 2017 at 11:28 AM

Lol, that's weird.  I said yum, sans the eel sauce =0)

Quoting supermama322: I missed your last quote to me in that dinner post! It got deleted for some reason..lol :(

supermama322
by Kaylee on Feb. 15, 2017 at 11:30 AM
Oohhh eel sauce is just super sweet and thick soy sauce! Really yummy. Idk why it's called eel sauce. Lol

Quoting Lunarprancer:

Quoting supermama322: I missed your last quote to me in that dinner post! It got deleted for some reason..lol :(

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Feb. 15, 2017 at 11:34 AM

Lmao, I googled it, ok, I take it back. Just a straight out Yum!

Quoting supermama322: Oohhh eel sauce is just super sweet and thick soy sauce! Really yummy. Idk why it's called eel sauce. Lol
Quoting Lunarprancer:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)