Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ex brought me flowers...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
I'm a little confused, but trying not to overthink it.

We have a twenty-month old son together. We really struggled for a while to figure out coparenting, but the last six months or so have been unbelievably smooth.

I began noticing recently that he was liking or commenting on all of my FB posts, even if they weren't related to our son. I know that might seem silly, but the only reason I noticed is because he hadn't been doing that before. Like, if I posted a selfie or tagged a friend while we were getting pedicures, he wouldn't have acknowledged that....now, he likes or comments on everything.

And then last night, he dropped by with flowers and blow pops (my favorite). And then asked my older son (who isn't his) if he wanted to go see the Lego batman movie (of course he did). He also gave me a sweet card.

If it was Mother's Day, it wouldn't seem odd. But...Valentine's Day? I don't know. I'm curious to know if he did the same for his daughter's mom.

Would your "baby daddy" bring you V-day flowers?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2017 at 11:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2017 at 11:33 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this
My ex had bought a card and wrote in it "from my son"
I thought it was sweet
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 11:35 AM
Maybe he is trying. You do have a child together.
MastersonQueen
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 11:36 AM

I think that there is a reason that you aren't with him and haven't been. It's hard to turn away a nice gesture but sometimes it's what is best. Him giving your son false hope of something that shouldn't be isn't a good idea. I would just be clear and ask him what his intentions are, why would you want to go back and forth on this, over think it? If you have feelings for him and would like to have your family back together then it might be an option.

Z_mommy
by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 11:37 AM

I have severe allergies soo... not even hubby buys flowers unless he wants to see me having a horrible allergy attack. An ex might find it funny. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 11:38 AM
Yes, but we are married.

I only have one.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 11:42 AM
Uh, no. 1) I would never be friends with my ex on Facebook. Even though we get along just fine, he doesn't need to see my business whenever he wants. 2) You need to remember why he became your ex in the first place. He may just be looking to get something from you, and you'll end up with a broken heart all over again.
Baby daddy would never bring me flowers on V-day, or on Mother's Day. He's re-married, I'm re-married, and it would be freaking weird.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2017 at 11:55 AM
I don't really have any "business". I go to school, I work and I hang out with my kids and friends (friends when I have time). I can't think of anything that occurs in my daily life that he shouldn't know or that I wouldn't mention to him in conversation anyway. Shrug. I guess I'm just not undercover.

Quoting Anonymous 5: Uh, no. 1) I would never be friends with my ex on Facebook. Even though we get along just fine, he doesn't need to see my business whenever he wants. 2) You need to remember why he became your ex in the first place. He may just be looking to get something from you, and you'll end up with a broken heart all over again.
Baby daddy would never bring me flowers on V-day, or on Mother's Day. He's re-married, I'm re-married, and it would be freaking weird.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2017 at 11:57 AM
I don't think he's giving my son false hope. He's been in his life for five years. He's never indicated that he didn't want to be or that anything would change. He's taken him out to do things a few times.

My older son's dad isn't in the picture.

Quoting MastersonQueen:

I think that there is a reason that you aren't with him and haven't been. It's hard to turn away a nice gesture but sometimes it's what is best. Him giving your son false hope of something that shouldn't be isn't a good idea. I would just be clear and ask him what his intentions are, why would you want to go back and forth on this, over think it? If you have feelings for him and would like to have your family back together then it might be an option.

donnag013
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 12:00 PM

No, because that crosses the line, IMO.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)