Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The cycle of abuse stops

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
My dh has been verbally and sometimes physically abusing our kids. I have stayed with him for 11 years trying to help him change. But I cant so i am not going to try anymore. Sunday he told our son that he needs to stop "tattling "to me. He justs tells me when he is verbally mean. We had two major discussions and he thinks that i am okay with him. I am leaving. He was abused by his mom and I am going to stop the cycle. I can't do it anymore. I love my children too much. He asked me not to give up on him but I cant even trust him alone with our kids. Yes all of them are his
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2017 at 12:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 12:25 PM

Good for you.  You're right, you can trust him with your kids because he won't tell you when he abuses them and he's trying to make sure they don't tell you either.  I hope you are able to get limited and hopefully supervised visitatoin with him, because sadly, now that you're divorcing you'll have a harder time protecting them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2017 at 12:27 PM
I am going for sole custody with supervised visitation until he completes anger management and parenting classes and therapy

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Good for you.  You're right, you can trust him with your kids because he won't tell you when he abuses them and he's trying to make sure they don't tell you either.  I hope you are able to get limited and hopefully supervised visitatoin with him, because sadly, now that you're divorcing you'll have a harder time protecting them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2017 at 12:39 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2017 at 3:17 PM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)