Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Another episode of 2 truths and a lie

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
If you can find the lie you win......nothing! Lol

1. I drowned in a pool when I was a kid and was clinically dead for 8 minutes.
2. I still let my 9 year old use a pacifier.
3. I am a licensed pilot.

Good luck!!!
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2017 at 12:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GreenFlamingo1
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 1:00 PM
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2017 at 1:03 PM
Quoting GreenFlamingo1: 2.

Buzz nope sorry
GreenFlamingo1
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 1:03 PM

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Buzz nope sorry
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2017 at 1:10 PM
Quoting GreenFlamingo1: 3.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Buzz nope sorry

Ding ding ding yep, I am not a pilot.
I did drown in a pool and was dead for 8 minutes. I just remember waking up in the hospital and nothing else.
My 9 yo son grinds his teeth at night A LOT and very loud too. My sister suggested trying a pacifier and both myself and my son thought she was crazy! It works!!! His dentist said it isn't affecting his teeth so if it works, keep using it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 16, 2017 at 9:44 AM

BUMP!

teal.blaze
by Gold Member on Feb. 16, 2017 at 9:47 AM
I'm surprised your dentist didn't recommend a bite clench. It's molded to fit your kid's teeth properly, so it removes the chance that over time it could damage his bite.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Buzz nope sorry

I did drown in a pool and was dead for 8 minutes. I just remember waking up in the hospital and nothing else.

My 9 yo son grinds his teeth at night A LOT and very loud too. My sister suggested trying a pacifier and both myself and my son thought she was crazy! It works!!! His dentist said it isn't affecting his teeth so if it works, keep using it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 16, 2017 at 9:52 AM
Quoting teal.blaze: I'm surprised your dentist didn't recommend a bite clench. It's molded to fit your kid's teeth properly, so it removes the chance that over time it could damage his bite.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Buzz nope sorry

We were given a mouth guard. It was something like what hockey players use to protect their teeth. My son said he hated having it in his mouth and he couldn't sleep with it in.
teal.blaze
by Gold Member on Feb. 16, 2017 at 9:54 AM
That makes sense. I would just keep an eye on his bite then. I'm sure the pacifier will cause less damage than grinding. At least if any damage caused is caught early, it should be correctable, and then they could switch him to the bite guard. Maybe a custom one molded to his teeth would be more comfortable than a generic fit one? Just an idea for the future. He may not like the pacifier idea when he's a teen if he still grinds.

Quoting Anonymous 1:
Quoting teal.blaze: I'm surprised your dentist didn't recommend a bite clench. It's molded to fit your kid's teeth properly, so it removes the chance that over time it could damage his bite.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Buzz nope sorry

We were given a mouth guard. It was something like what hockey players use to protect their teeth. My son said he hated having it in his mouth and he couldn't sleep with it in.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 16, 2017 at 10:03 AM
Quoting teal.blaze: That makes sense. I would just keep an eye on his bite then. I'm sure the pacifier will cause less damage than grinding. At least if any damage caused is caught early, it should be correctable, and then they could switch him to the bite guard. Maybe a custom one molded to his teeth would be more comfortable than a generic fit one? Just an idea for the future. He may not like the pacifier idea when he's a teen if he still grinds.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Buzz nope sorry

He doesn't like it but he has gotten used to it and it's become part of his nightly routine. He also used to drool a lot when he sleeps and the pacifier stopped that as well. Only our family knows but grandma doesn't approve of it. She says no 9 year old should have one and that I am causing more harm than good. It's not like he is walking around with it in his mouth all day!!! It's only at night.
teal.blaze
by Gold Member on Feb. 16, 2017 at 10:11 AM
I think your dentist's opinion is more than grandma 's. It's still gotta be better than grinding his teeth.

Quoting Anonymous 1:
Quoting teal.blaze: That makes sense. I would just keep an eye on his bite then. I'm sure the pacifier will cause less damage than grinding. At least if any damage caused is caught early, it should be correctable, and then they could switch him to the bite guard. Maybe a custom one molded to his teeth would be more comfortable than a generic fit one? Just an idea for the future. He may not like the pacifier idea when he's a teen if he still grinds.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Buzz nope sorry

He doesn't like it but he has gotten used to it and it's become part of his nightly routine. He also used to drool a lot when he sleeps and the pacifier stopped that as well. Only our family knows but grandma doesn't approve of it. She says no 9 year old should have one and that I am causing more harm than good. It's not like he is walking around with it in his mouth all day!!! It's only at night.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)