• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Family Member Past Away On Monday 😢

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 1:28 PM
  • 13 Replies
These are the details I got this morning from my Grandmother. My 1st cousins husband has passed away at 44 yrs old. He died Monday afternoon on his way home from work. He was carpooling with 2 work friends. He was in the back seat of the pick up truck and his 2 friends were in the front seats. I guess they all agreed before returning home that they would go off road and drive wrecklessly in a open field near there neighborhood, I guess to have fun. They did..idk how long they were in the open field before the accident happened.

I know the truck never rolled over and no one was ejected from the truck. The driver lost control of the truck and hit a fence. All the air bags popped out even the back seat one. My cousins husband died instantly but his 2 friends walked away from the wreck. It's one of those stupid things that didn't need to happen and an unexplained reason as to why my cousins husband had to die.

For now it's suspected that the air bag killed him. No arrests have been made yet. But for now it looks like negligence on the drivers part.

He lived in California with my cousin and worked as a prison guard. He leaves behind my cousin (his wife), their 6 yr old daughter (who does not understand what's happend to dad yet). And his 18 yr old son (my cousins son from another marriage). He is in Marine boot camp and graduates next weekend. He isn't allowed to come home to be there for this tragic event. My cousin and her husband were married 10 years but together 15 years. She is surrounded by close family for now. As she is in complete shock.

My heart goes out to my cousin and her family right now. It's a hit close to home reminder that we shouldn't hold grudges, be angry and forgive the ones we love. You never know when it's their or your time to go. I'm praying and would like to ask others to pray or do whatever they do for my family right now. So much pain and shock has taken place so unexpectedly.

Thank you!
by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 1:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Sorry for your family's loss.

lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 1:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry for your loss . How sad . Prayers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 1:32 PM
1 mom liked this
That's heartbreaking. I'm so sorry for your loss.
ShesSoUnusual
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 1:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow what a needless death! I'm so sorry for everyone, but his kids especially.
MarriedMyPrince
by Sarah on Feb. 15, 2017 at 1:42 PM
We call those things freak accidents. Logically it makes no sense why he died. But everyone else lived. I feel for his kids too especially his 6 yr old daughter. She was the apple of his eye. His whole world. The only bio child he would ever have. He wasn't supposed to ever be able to have children.

Quoting ShesSoUnusual: Wow what a needless death! I'm so sorry for everyone, but his kids especially.
GLO682
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 1:43 PM
1 mom liked this

sorry for your loss

JalynSpoon
by CajunTarHeel on Feb. 15, 2017 at 1:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Sorry for your loss. Prayres for you & yours.

tiffluv81
by BBW on Feb. 15, 2017 at 1:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Hugs. I am sorry about your family loss.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 1:47 PM
That's awful. I'm so sorry for your family's loss. I didn't realize they wouldn't let a person leave boot camp for the death of a parent. Their poor kids.
left.drowning
by Fix Me on Feb. 15, 2017 at 1:47 PM
1 mom liked this
God bless. Thoughts are with you.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)