Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Call me jealous but I feel its inappropriate

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 276 Replies
My dh wasd asked to be a groomsman at one of his friends weddings. Along with him in the groom's party it will be the groom's two brothers who are both married and another one of the Grooms friends who is engaged. None of the groomsmen significant others are in the bridal party. With the exception of one, all of the Bridesmaids are single.

The bride and groom have decided that when the bridal party is announced the groomsmen and bridesmaids will enter together and do a 20 to 30 second little dance to a clip of a song of their choice. Then they have decided that there will be a bridal party dance where the bride and groom together with their paired off attendents will slow dance. Then decided that they want to do a choreographed kind of salsa dance in addition where the Bridesmaids and groomsmen will also be paired off.

I was talking with one of the grooms Brothers wives who I'm also friends with and we both feel that this is very inappropriate. It's one thing for the Bridesmaids because with the exception of the one, non are married. In fact they probably won't even bring wedding dates. But the groomsmen all either have wives or significant others and I'm sorry I don't really want to go to a wedding to watch my dh dance with another woman while Im stuck sitting. I spoke with my husband about it and he thinks that's kind of weird as well and he really doesn't have an interest doing a choreographed dance.

My husband and the groom's brother whose wife I talked to talk to the groom and said that they're really not comfortable with it. Even the groom thinks that's kind of an odd idea apparently this was pretty much his fiance. So he talked to the bride about it and said that because all of his groomsmen are in committed relationships it just feels a little off-putting for them to be spending so much time dancing with the Bridesmaids. The bride is upset and saying that all the wives are just jealous and paranoid that her friends are trying to steal our men. No sweetheart, I have no worry that your 300-pound friend is trying to steal my husband. But if I'm going to a wedding where I'm going to get dressed up Drive 2 hours to wedding arrange for child care for my children I damn well expect to be the one dancing with my husband not sitting at a table by myself.

She also initially wanted one table for the Bridesmaids and groomsmen to sit together (without their dates.) The groom's sister-in-law shot that down really quick.

I don't think the brides trying to deliberately being mean to the wives and significant others of the groomsmen I think she's just trying to make it so that her bridesmaids have somebody to dance with. But the problem is the groomsmen already taken
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2017 at 1:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2017 at 1:35 PM
Bump
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 1:35 PM
25 moms liked this

Oh for fuck's sake, it's a stupid little dance, not the party scene from Dirty Dancing, chill out.

WickedOpal
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 1:36 PM

What the fuck kind of fuckery is that?  She's nuts.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 1:37 PM
5 moms liked this
You sound incredibly insecure...
sammichmaker
by soup sandwich on Feb. 15, 2017 at 1:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Dude, chill. Its just a dance.
WickedOpal
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 1:37 PM

I agree with her.  One dance OK.  Four dances is complete BS.

Quoting corticosteroid:

Oh for fuck's sake, it's a stupid little dance, not the party scene from Dirty Dancing, chill out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 1:38 PM
9 moms liked this
So you're upset about a 30 second dance and 2 dances at 5 minutes each? You can't spare your husband for a little over 10 minutes at the reception?
SweetLoveSong
by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 1:38 PM
2 moms liked this
Your husband is paired up with a 300lb woman?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 1:38 PM
1 mom liked this

It's her wedding.  Be a big girl.

mama_danetta
by She's so heavy on Feb. 15, 2017 at 1:39 PM
3 moms liked this
Unless they're going to be grinding on each other, I don't see the harm in one dance.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)