Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not sure how I should feel about what my husband did?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 42 Replies
We've been married for almost 20 years. He's a great dad and a great husband, every year he takes a guy trip overseas. This year when he came back, he said he had a great time and went into detail about his trip.

About a week later, he had some minor surgery done and while in recovery, he started crying and confessed to me he had lied about where he went. He went to a different country because the date on his passport was less than 6 months away from expiring and they wouldn't let him in the country. So him and his buddies took another flight to another country.

He was in recovery so I couldn't really act how I wanted to, I was calm and told him we would work it out at home.

It's now been two weeks since he told me and I think I'm still in shock. He's never done this before, he's never cheated or anything like that. Should I think that he's been lying about everything then? Or just that he made one bad decision?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2017 at 1:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 1:53 PM
8 moms liked this

Ummmmmmm, I think that a guy who tearfully confesses to something like that couldn't maintain a real lie if his very life depended on it.

MzD3
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 1:53 PM
1 mom liked this
So where did he go and what did he do ?
JalynSpoon
I was all for you. You fell over my love. I just can't afford it this time. I can see it, in you & me.. Let live.. Let live.
Tuesday at 3:58 PM
by CajunTarHeel on Feb. 15, 2017 at 1:55 PM

Where did he go then?

eso.si.que.es
by Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 1:56 PM
This, honestly. I can definitely understand how you're upset about this lie. But no, I don't think it means he's been lying about other things.

Quoting corticosteroid:

Ummmmmmm, I think that a guy who tearfully confesses to something like that couldn't maintain a real lie if his very life depended on it.

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Feb. 15, 2017 at 1:57 PM
This.....

Quoting corticosteroid:

mmm2015
by Eldouchedegrande on Feb. 15, 2017 at 1:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Was it Thailand? I'd be worried
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2017 at 1:57 PM
He said he's been sick to his stomach about the whole thing. That he had to tell me because I didn't deserve his dishonesty. I think I agree with you.

Quoting corticosteroid:

thecolorBLU3
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 1:57 PM

This. I mean, it sounds like it's unintentional (the lie maybe, but the act itself) and figure out why he didn't, or feel that he couldn't talk to you about previously. 

Quoting corticosteroid:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2017 at 1:58 PM
He went to South America, Colombia.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 1:58 PM
What a strange thing to lie about...why did he?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)