Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do?

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 1:53 PM
  • 134 Replies
So my daughter, 13 in 7th grade, was bullied today. 2 boys were calling her names: fat, ugly, etc. Then one of them decided to push hard on her face with his fist. In assuming he was smart enough not actually punch her. There are 2 witnesses. After sitting in the office for 30 mins she text me. 30 mins later when I got there they were just finally going to notify me. According to the rules, this isn't bullying, because there isn't a history of behavior between my daughter and these boys. Even though this is the history of the 2 boys. I'm furious. The mom in me wants to press charges, however I also know that these are just kids. 13 or 14 years old, they're gonna fuck up. But one of those fuckers laid his hands on my daughter and since this is their thing maybe it's time they received some actual consequences. What would you do?
by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 1:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 1:54 PM
6 moms liked this

I'd go to their houses and talk to their parents.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 1:55 PM
2 moms liked this

It has been documented. Tell her avoid them and if they so much as call her a name then she goes directly back to the principal. Keep calm. Hugs.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 1:55 PM
2 moms liked this
OMFG. Why the fuck are you throwing around "bully"? Is it the new "in" thing?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 1:58 PM
5 moms liked this

If it wasn't bullying, then what is the school calling it?  Assault?     Where the boys' parents there as well?  If so, I would have made it clear that if they touched my child again, I would press charges.   As for the school, I would tell them that as well.    School should be a safe place.  Period.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 1:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes. Anytime everyone doesn't want to be everyone's friend it's bullying. It's fucking ridiculous.

This situation is assault. I would get the police involved.

Quoting Anonymous 2: OMFG. Why the fuck are you throwing around "bully"? Is it the new "in" thing?
mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:00 PM
13 moms liked this

I would demand to know why my daughter spent 30 minutes in the office for something someone did to *her*...I would also demand to know why it took 60 minutes before someone thought about contacting me about violence towards my daughter. Pushing someone in the face with a fist? What?? The school would be explaining to me *why* they don't consider this an issue. I most likely would press charges against the one that laid his hands on my child and possibly against the school for not keeping my child safe while in their care. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:01 PM
4 moms liked this
Press charges.

I'd be pissed the school wasn't taking it more seriously too!
Buppy21
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:01 PM
4 moms liked this
I would want the police involved, even if all it does is scare the shit out of them. Nobody should be putting their hands on your kid.
jabs54
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:06 PM

The boy should have consequences for pushing your dd.  Did they tell you there was no consequences for him?

thecolorBLU3
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:07 PM
2 moms liked this

Screw the term bullying

She was a target of verbal and physical assualt. If the school admin won't do anything, go higher up the chain. And yes, get the police involved. 13 &14 years old should know better than to lay a finger on some one else. Hell, I got police involved because the kids in the apartments behind my house would throw rocks at my kids over the our fence, call my kids names, and try to break down our fence. These were 7-9 year olds (granted we did try to talk to their parents).    

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)