Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

if you take vitamins,

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
Did you eventually get used to the smell/taste of it? I took my first few pills today and I kept gagging. I managed to keep it down but will that sensation go away or will I struggle with it always?

I'm taking iron, vitamin d, b complex and women's one a day.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2017 at 1:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MzD3
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 1:57 PM
I just restarted too. Yes it'll get easier .
eso.si.que.es
by Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 1:58 PM
A lot of vitamins can have an aftertaste. It's probably the multivitamin that's doing it to you. Maybe the iron as well. For me, it's easier when I take my vitamins with food.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 1:59 PM
It gets easier. And if it doesn't, you need a new brand. Some brands of fish oil give me the nastiest burps... Others I'm totally fine.
HHx5
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:44 PM
My stomach is so sensitive I can't even take Advil on an empty stomach. I don't recall any issues with taste or smell. I'm taking zinc with lunch and then iron and a multi vitamin at dinner. The iron might've caused an aftertaste at first maybe I got used to it or it just went away. My multivitamin is a gummy so it's not hard at all to take, its fruit flavored.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:46 PM

Nope.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:46 PM

Multivitamins make me barf, they always have and I'm sure they always will. I switched to gummies and now things are great.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:46 PM
I just kept switching until I found one that didn't bother me. And I always take gen before bedtime.
angkorsaway
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:46 PM

Iron will make you sick or nauseated. All three of those at once can be tough. I'd spread it out and take with food till you're used to it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:50 PM
I'm worried if I don't take them in the morning, I won't take them at all.

I took it this morning before i even fully got out of bed. Then went into the kitchen and had a banana and yogurt with the nature valley protein granola thing.

Quoting angkorsaway:

Iron will make you sick or nauseated. All three of those at once can be tough. I'd spread it out and take with food till you're used to it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:53 PM
I'm taking women's multi. And garcinia cambogia

*I need to start taking a b12 and maybe a d2 with me being on a almost vegan diet.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)