Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i'm disgusting

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

at work, we were talking about something someone saw on facebook. a girl faking a pregnancy. then we got on the topic of if any of us had ever faked a pregnancy. everyone said no. but I said I kinda lied to get my rapist away from me. now all of them think I'm disgusting because of it.....I don't see why, it's not like I lied to my dh and said I was pregnant when I really wasn't to get him to stay. I lied to a man that hurt me to get him away from me and make him scared that some guy might come after him if he hurt me again.

would you think that way?  even if it was an innocent lie to protect yourself(not lying to keep a guy).

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momiofcristina
by Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:12 PM
People react weird to sensitive issues. Maybe because you blurted that out some felt awkward and just spoke without thinking. Don't take it to heart what they said.
I'm sorry about what happened to you, no one should have to go through that.
mama_danetta
by She's so heavy on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:14 PM
I would have kept quiet and not shared something so personal with work colleagues.
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:15 PM

I'm not understanding what you did...

tsatske2
by Latricia on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:19 PM

I'm sorry about what happened to you. You were right to do whatever you had to do to keep yourself safe. However, it is not safe to share everything with everyone. I don't think work was the place to share that, and now you are being hurt by that decision. I'm sorry.

Canadiana
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:21 PM
Did you say to them exactly what you said here? How did you say it? Are you close with your colleagues?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:26 PM

okay so let me see if I have this straight...

you were raped and you told your rapist you were pregnant so that your rapist would leave you alone?

the fact that he was in prison wasn't something that kept him away from you?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:30 PM
I find it best to never share really personal things with people and if i do its one person i consider a friend and really trust... People suck!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:33 PM

I said "I did it once. to get someone that hurt me away from me" I didn't say who or what happened. I'm close with a couple of them, but not all of them.

Quoting Canadiana: Did you say to them exactly what you said here? How did you say it? Are you close with your colleagues?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:34 PM

because every single rapist is sent to prison....doesn't happen. just because I reported him doesn't mean he was sent to prison.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

okay so let me see if I have this straight...

you were raped and you told your rapist you were pregnant so that your rapist would leave you alone?

the fact that he was in prison wasn't something that kept him away from you?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:35 PM

i didn't really share anything personal. just said that i did it to get someone that hurt me away. i didn't go into explanation as to what he did to me

Quoting Anonymous 3: I find it best to never share really personal things with people and if i do its one person i consider a friend and really trust... People suck!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)