Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel like a failure

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies
I had enough and decided to just keep them home today. They put up a fight on getting dressed for school. And kept complaining their legs hurt. And wouldn't finish getting winter stuff on despite me trying to help them. They lost TV/video privliges And treats/desserts until sunday. but they can earn treats/desserts back if they behave and dont fight going to school.
We have been to the Dr before and the Dr checked them over and said its just growing pains. They only complain their legs hurt if we are going to school or making them clean up their toys/room... Which is weird they both love school. When we get there.
We decided to do some lessons at home today. They are pre kindergarten and kindergarten. This is the first time they missed school for this.

Because I know people will say just throw them in the car and beckle them in and go... We dont have a car. We walk to school. And don't have strollers anymore.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DisabledVet
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:09 PM

Take them to the dr and make sure nothing is wrong. 

SueWanda
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:11 PM

How old are they?  compulsory school age?

mommytoeandb
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:11 PM
Yikes! At that age, I would have taken them out as is. I would have brought their clothes/outdoor stuff/shoes along. Natural consequence.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:13 PM
Its -4c

Quoting mommytoeandb: Yikes! At that age, I would have taken them out as is. I would have brought their clothes/outdoor stuff/shoes along. Natural consequence.
mommytoeandb
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:14 PM
I bet they'd get dressed real quick.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Its -4c

Quoting mommytoeandb: Yikes! At that age, I would have taken them out as is. I would have brought their clothes/outdoor stuff/shoes along. Natural consequence.
K3412
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:16 PM
3 moms liked this
So now they've learned that if they complain enough, they can stay home from school. I understand picking your battles, but going to school is not something I would relent on.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Lmao I'll use that tomorrow if they fight

Quoting mommytoeandb: I bet they'd get dressed real quick.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Its -4c

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:18 PM
Dd is three and is in pre kindergarten. Ds is 5 in kindergarten

Quoting SueWanda:

Kjsmomma14
by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:19 PM
You don't let your kids have a little hissy fit when it comes to school . You parent and you get them dressed and out the door .

Quoting Anonymous 1: I had enough and decided to just keep them home today. They put up a fight on getting dressed for school. And kept complaining their legs hurt. And wouldn't finish getting winter stuff on despite me trying to help them. They lost TV/video privliges And treats/desserts until sunday. but they can earn treats/desserts back if they behave and dont fight going to school.
We have been to the Dr before and the Dr checked them over and said its just growing pains. They only complain their legs hurt if we are going to school or making them clean up their toys/room... Which is weird they both love school. When we get there.
We decided to do some lessons at home today. They are pre kindergarten and kindergarten. This is the first time they missed school for this.

Because I know people will say just throw them in the car and beckle them in and go... We dont have a car. We walk to school. And don't have strollers anymore.
jellybeanjean
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:21 PM
I wouldn't stress about it at that age. I had a few struggles getting my eldest to preschool.... some days she stayed home because it was just too much.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Dd is three and is in pre kindergarten. Ds is 5 in kindergarten

Quoting SueWanda:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)