Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think your looks hold you back

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:25 PM
  • 12 Replies
I have never gotten a job after an interview. One job interviewed me then said I didn't have enough experience. I ended up getting sent there about a week later through a temp service. I worked almost a year before they hired me. Same with my other job interviews, they don't hire me but I end up getting sent there and once they see my work ethic and ability they hire me. I do childcare. I know Im not the most attractive but has anyone felt they lost out on there job due to their looks?
by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:27 PM

No because I always go all out with my clothes and makeup. Then when I'm hired it's no makeup and wet hair in a bun, lol. Good luck in your job search. 

corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:30 PM

I'm a nurse, and I have always gotten hired at any job I got an interview for, and I'm certainly not attractive.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:31 PM
Sometimes, I felt like people thought I couldnt do much. I am short and was blonde then. I dressed down my looks. All guys talked about was sex. I was hit on so many times. It was really hard as a young adult.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:32 PM
No it's never been an issue for me and I don't wear makeup or dressy clothes
helen491
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:33 PM
I'm 38 and the only time I have worn makeup was prom night. I do my hair and wear a nice outfit to the interview.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

No because I always go all out with my clothes and makeup. Then when I'm hired it's no makeup and wet hair in a bun, lol. Good luck in your job search. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:35 PM
Are you thinking you're too pretty or too ugly?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:39 PM
No. I am sure if I went to ford models or hooters they wouldn't hire me but other than that I don't think my looks have anything to do with my employment. But maybe that is because I don't think I am ugly at all.
helen491
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:46 PM
A combination of being overweight and not very attractive. Maybe they think I won't get down and play with the children. Or maybe I just do bad interviews. At all my jobs I've gotten high reviews and always the highest raises possible.

Quoting Anonymous 4: Are you thinking you're too pretty or too ugly?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 3:07 PM
All the damn time. Resting bitch face gets me no where.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 3:08 PM
It seems like it might be a confidence issue.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)