• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sorry, we don't have the money

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
Dh pays child support to his ex wife. The divorce decree says how much he's supposed to give her and that it is supposed to be given to her by the last day of the month.

For years now dh has been paying her every time he gets paid, just like I assume most people do. Unfortunately dh had to take another job when his company downsized and his new boss doesn't always pay his employees on time. About half the time he's a day to 3 late paying them.

There isn't a whole lot dh can do, he's looking for another job and as soon as he finds one he will quit this one. Until then we just have to deal.

This is something that's been going on for a year, dh works in Oil and gas so things have been slow but they are thankfully picking back up and hopefully by the end of the year he will find something better.

Bm is pissed because today is payday yet dh isn't getting paid, hopefully tomorrow the direct deposit will be there. I can't help matters, dh can't really either. That's why we are prepared and we don't blow every penny we get. We have enough in savings to cover our bills each and every time he pulls this stunt. Bm, for some reason, doesn't plan ahead and is constantly scrambling for money even when she gets paid when dh gets paid.

She texted me asking when we were going to pay and I told her as soon as dh is paid which will hopefully be tomorrow. She then told me he needed to quit that job and that he needs to start paying her on the 1st and the 15th no matter what or she will take him back to court.

I hope she does take him back to court because his pay has dropped dramatically and he should be paying about 500 less a month based on his new salary so if she wants to take it to court it should benefit dh greatly.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2017 at 3:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Feb. 15, 2017 at 3:10 PM
Why doesn't he go back to court?
grannie_kel
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 3:11 PM
2 moms liked this
You should use some of the saved money and pay BM on time and pay one of the other bills a few days later.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2017 at 3:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Nope.

My light bill is getting paid. As is the rent. She needs to budget better. Combined she makes about as much as we do and she can and should budget better but instead she prefers to blow her money. I'm not going to pay my rent late because bm doesn't know how to budget.

And she is paid on time. She's actually paid early. Dh has until the 28th to pay her. He could hold it all and wait to pay her the full amount on the last day of the month but instead he pays her twice a month.

Quoting grannie_kel: You should use some of the saved money and pay BM on time and pay one of the other bills a few days later.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2017 at 3:15 PM
Because he's hoping it's a temporary thing and will be making close to or more than his original salary. This is going on 14 months with this employer

Quoting vegaswife2011: Why doesn't he go back to court?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 3:16 PM
What i got from the post he isn't pay late according to the divorce papers. He just isn't paying when BM wants it. I wouldn't put our bills off because BM isn't prepared

Quoting grannie_kel: You should use some of the saved money and pay BM on time and pay one of the other bills a few days later.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 3:16 PM
He COULD contact the BBB about it. Honestly, after a year of this you'd think someone would've.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2017 at 3:18 PM
Yes he could and then chances are high he would be unemployed.

What's better to you, being paid late or not being paid at all?

Quoting Anonymous 3: He COULD contact the BBB about it. Honestly, after a year of this you'd think someone would've.
MysticLove
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 3:18 PM

Why not just tell her that you could go by the court order and pay on the last day of the month or she can shut her mouth? I would. 

Sparkyfire
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 3:18 PM
If she takes it to court they're just gonna laugh at her.

So long as she's paid by the last day of the month they won't give a rats ass and tell her to better control her finances as its not yalls job to support her, just the children.
GLO682
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 3:19 PM

if i were you two, i would go to court and have it revised because even if it is a temporary thing that's 500 more that can go in your savings.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)