• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I wish he would start sleeping in the bedroom

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
Dh started nights last week. He gets home around 5 am. He gets on the couch and sleeps. Well I get my son up at 8 his school van runs between 8:30-8:40. So I am constantly yelling at ds to hurry up. This morning DS laid in bed so long he wasn't ready when the van pulled up. I go outside and tell them he is running late and I will take him to school. Then I go back in, go into DS room and I lay in to him about how he needs to get the lead out of his ass Because this is getting old and from now on his phone comes into the front room at bedtime Because there is no reason why he wouldn't be ready other than he is playing on YouTube instead of getting dressed. Dh hears me and wakes up and he started getting onto DS. No problem I just don't like waking him up after working 10 hrs night shift. I told dh that maybe he should start going to the bedroom when he comes in so I don't wake him up he said he is fine because DS is getting to old for me to be staying on him about getting ready in the morning. That once I wake him up he knows to get ready and has the time on his phone and he knows what time the van comes. DS said I don't have a clock dh said no you have a phone and an iPod both have the time on them so there is no reason why you are not ready when they get here.. I have tried waking DS up at 7:45 but he still lays in bed until 8:10 or later. I told DS on his way to school this morning starting tonight at bedtime the phone and iPod come into the living room. When he is dressed fully and sitting at the table eating then he can get them and one more time he will lose his ps 4 for a couple of days.

Btw, he is 14 and he goes to a private school. They don't have a bus but a van that pick some of the kids up.

And no I won't make him walk Because it is down a busy road without side walks and a good 10 miles and he would have to cross over 6 lanes to get to his school.

I just hate waking dh up.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2017 at 3:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 3:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Maybe dh should wake ds up at 5am when he gets home. That should be plents of time for ds to get ready.lol
eso.si.que.es
by Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 3:58 PM
Okay normally, I try to give kids a lot of credit for being kids. But at 14 years old, he should be able to get his butt up and get ready for school on time. End of story.

I say do what my mom did to me. Go in the bedroom, tell him it's time to wake up and that if he is not out of that bed in five minutes, you're coming back in with a bucket of water.
jabs54
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 4:02 PM

Why does he lay on the couch and not go to bed?  Is he afraid of waking you?  I agree, he needs to sleep in his bed.   As far as your son,  I think my mom threw a glass of water on my brother when he refused to get up.    Either that or she told me she wanted to,  lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 4:05 PM
1 mom liked this

He needs to sleep in the bedroom. He should not have to be woken up in the morning.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2017 at 4:06 PM
Our bed needs to be replaced it is uncomfortable. Plus the light. I told him I would buy some light out curtains to put in there but he told not to worry about it. Our living room is dark if the blinds are closed.

I have been on top of DS all School year because of this. He says he is putting everything in his backpack I told him to do it the night before so he doesn't have too the next morning. I started letting him stay up until 10 I told him tonight it is going back there 9 since he can't seem to get his butt up on time. I told him if he wants a later bedtime then he need to show me some responsibility first

Quoting jabs54:

Why does he lay on the couch and not go to bed?  Is he afraid of waking you?  I agree, he needs to sleep in his bed.   As far as your son,  I think my mom threw a glass of water on my brother when he refused to get up.    Either that or she told me she wanted to,  lol.

carterscutie85
by Queen Bee on Feb. 15, 2017 at 4:08 PM

At 14 I was getting myself up and out the door for school.

Even my 7 year old sets his alarm and gets up and ready. I only remind him to brush his teeth/put on deodorant.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 4:10 PM
My kids are not allowed to have any electronics in their rooms at bedtime... And if you wake him at 7:45 and he stays in bed until 8:10 wake his butt up at 7am and no electronics until after school.. Once he can prove himself he can have his phone back after he is ready in the am.. Get him an alarm clock and put all the clocks in ur house 10 mins ahead if tou have too... He will see once his priveledged life isnt a necessity you r going to allow him to have if he cant pull his crap together how easy it is to get ready in the morning and out the door...
GKmoms18
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 4:12 PM
This lol it usually only takes one time

Quoting eso.si.que.es: Okay normally, I try to give kids a lot of credit for being kids. But at 14 years old, he should be able to get his butt up and get ready for school on time. End of story.

I say do what my mom did to me. Go in the bedroom, tell him it's time to wake up and that if he is not out of that bed in five minutes, you're coming back in with a bucket of water.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 4:16 PM
Even if you DH is sleeping on the couch, maybe put him to bed earlier and wake him up earlier.
jabs54
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 8:56 PM

Quoting Anonymous 1: Our bed needs to be replaced it is uncomfortable. Plus the light. I told him I would buy some light out curtains to put in there but he told not to worry about it. Our living room is dark if the blinds are closed. I have been on top of DS all School year because of this. He says he is putting everything in his backpack I told him to do it the night before so he doesn't have too the next morning. I started letting him stay up until 10 I told him tonight it is going back there 9 since he can't seem to get his butt up on time. I told him if he wants a later bedtime then he need to show me some responsibility first
Quoting jabs54:

My dh works 2nd shift so he needs to sleep later in the morning so I bought curtains that block light.   Hopefully you can replace your mattress soon and he's back in bed.

Good job with your son ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)