• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ordering from JCP.com-such a nightmare!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies

So I saw some shoes I liked on JCPenney dot com, but they were out of stock, so I signed up for an e-mail to be notified when they were back in stock. No local stores had them in store.

Get e-mail, go to site, says they are in stock, order shoes.

Then about an hour later I get another e-mail that now says those shoes are back-ordered. Instead of shipping on February 11th they will ship on the 13th.

Okay fine.

13th comes. Now it says it will ship on the 14th.

14th comes. Now it says 15th.

15th is today. Now it says ships on the 16th.

So at this point I'm just like fuck it. I don't want to wait around for these shoes.

I try to cancel my order and the first rep told me they couldn't because it was going to ship tomorrow. When I explained to her how the shipping date just keeps moving up I got disconnected. I call back, talk to a different rep who claims she canceled it, but something about her made me think she was lying.

So I contact JCPenney on Facebook, and they confirm the rep did indeed lie and they can't cancel it because it'll ship tomorrow. I explained, again, how it just keeps moving the date up when the actual day comes that it's supposed to ship but they still claim they can't cancel it.

This has been a nightmare. For one, don't say something is in stock if it's not. I literally ordered the shoes within a few minutes of getting the e-mail. Second, it should not be THIS DAMN HARD to cancel an order. I've only ever canceled one order before and that was through Amazon and I had zero issues.

Anyone else have a bad experience? I never want to order from their site again.

And I swear to Bob if these shoes don't fit right I'll be even more mad. I have wide feet and my biggest thing is arch support which according to the reviews these shoes have so I'm hoping they do. I know the size is correct because it's Nike and I have always worn an 8.5 wide in Nike and that's what I ordered.

I feel like even though it claims it'll ship tomorrow it's going to be stuck in this endless loop of the shipping day coming and going with it just keep claiming it'll ship the next day, then the next day, then the next day, etc.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2017 at 4:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 4:22 PM
I work there ...I totally understand
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 4:24 PM

I've never had any problem ordering through them, even shoes. They might not the be the ones responsible for the date change. If they had to order from elsewhere, they might have to wait on wherever, hence why they also might not be able to cancel. I'd wait another week and see if they deliver. People are too impatient with items these days.

GLO682
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 4:25 PM

i never had a bad experience ordering from them.

Hope they ship tomorrow and that they fit.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 4:26 PM
True...

Quoting Anonymous 3:

I've never had any problem ordering through them, even shoes. They might not the be the ones responsible for the date change. If they had to order from elsewhere, they might have to wait on wherever, hence why they also might not be able to cancel. I'd wait another week and see if they deliver. People are too impatient with items these days.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2017 at 4:32 PM

But my thing though is that it keeps saying it'll ship tomorrow. If it still says that in a week then they'll tell me the same thing-they can't cancel because "it'll ship tomorrow" even though it keeps changing to say that.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2017 at 4:43 PM

bump.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 4:43 PM

Quoting Anonymous 1:

But my thing though is that it keeps saying it'll ship tomorrow. If it still says that in a week then they'll tell me the same thing-they can't cancel because "it'll ship tomorrow" even though it keeps changing to say that.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

I get that, but to me it sounds like it's an automatic thing, based on whatever is going on in their system. If a warehouse or supplier is the one responsible for what's in the system, and it's automatically relayed to the customer, that's not their fault. I would just wait and see if it is actually SHIPPED in a week, and if it's not, then get on someone's ass. If you can get to a store and talk with someone at their online area directly, that might be even better.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 4:48 PM

If it keeps going then call and cancel the order and if they will not then file a complaint with the bank for the funds to be returned to you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 4:57 PM

I have had some pretty clunky customer experience with them but when it has come down to it the products have been great for the prices, and when something has been wronged they fixed it nicely. Their good has outweighted the bad so I keep going back.

ETA I have had the problem of ordering stuff to find out it isn't in stock from several stores, just last night from another one.  I HATE THAT!!!  I wish all of the stores would update their sites faster.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 5:00 PM
I've never ordered online from them but I hope your shoes show up soon.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)