Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He goes with the dog or the dog goes

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 4:28 PM
  • 63 Replies
SO and I are renting our first place together and he has a dog I'm not particularly fond of. The new landlord wants to meet the dog and I suggested we bring treats and a leash but he's not taking it as seriously. If we get any complaints about barking after moving in either the dog goes or they both go, I'm not leaving my home.
by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 4:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wild1xo
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 4:37 PM
B
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 4:38 PM
3 moms liked this

sounds like this living arrangment won't be lasting long.

wild1xo
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 4:41 PM
We'll see.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 4:41 PM
6 moms liked this
When we were engaged, my husband tried telling me I had to get rid of my dog. I had the dog before I met him, so I packed his shit and it was waiting for him on the porch. I kept the dog, and he never brought it up again.
Angel89411
by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 4:41 PM
4 moms liked this
If you already don't like his dog, he should leave you now. I would. Pets are family. My husband accepted my dog with me and I wouldn't have had him any other way.
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Feb. 15, 2017 at 4:41 PM

This. Why even bother?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

wild1xo
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 4:43 PM
Well I'm not getting kicked out of my place because his dog barks or because he refuses to keep it on a leash or anything like that.

Quoting Angel89411: If you already don't like his dog, he should leave you now. I would. Pets are family. My husband accepted my dog with me and I wouldn't have had him any other way.
redheadtmk
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 4:43 PM
Moving in together is a big deal. I would point blank tell him that you take your credit and reputation seriously. That integrity is important to you. Therefore you expect him to do the responsible thing with his dog which is use a leash and bring treats. Make sure he knows you are not willing to move if the landlord wants the dog gone. If he doesn't take you seriously, you have your answer on what type of person he is and how he values your feelings.
Angel89411
by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 4:44 PM
If you think he's that irresponsible, ditch him. Either way it sounds like this relationship is doomed.

Quoting wild1xo: Well I'm not getting kicked out of my place because his dog barks or because he refuses to keep it on a leash or anything like that.

Quoting Angel89411: If you already don't like his dog, he should leave you now. I would. Pets are family. My husband accepted my dog with me and I wouldn't have had him any other way.
littlesippycup
by Baby T-rex Arms on Feb. 15, 2017 at 4:53 PM
2 moms liked this

Change the title to The Dog Can GTFO you will get way more traffic :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)