• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You think your man is a bad gift giver ... listen to this.*update*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 68 Replies

*update!! I find this actually quite humorous. He makes up for his shitty gift giving in other areas, and we grew up in 2 different countries, and I think culturally Hallmark holidays are not big where he is from. I just got a good laugh out of this with my coworkers so thought I would share.

So I entered yesterday with the thought of "don't expect much" as my fiancé is natorious for being a terrible gift giver. Granted, he has giving me some nice Christmas gifts, but Valentine's Day and Mother's Day and progressively worsened.

Last Mother's Day, he handed me a very sweet looking card. Giddy as I opened up the envelope looking forward to some sweet messages of appreciation of my restless, loving, and dedicated mothering, I opened it up and the card was blank. Yes. Blank. He didn't seem to think that was as ridiculous as I thought it was.

Last year for Valentine's Day he came home with an envelope from his job, and a few poorly cut hearts (on lined paper) inside the envelope each reading "i" "love" "you". Sweet, in a whole last minute, shit all the stores are closed, here's an envelope and some paper... I'll make t work, type of way.

But nothing tops this year. This year for Valentine's Day I come home to a beautiful bouquet of roses on our porch. I was shocked. I called him to say how sweet it was and thank you, to which I was informed that these were not for me.. no. My finances sisters (who is staying with us) married boyfriend dropped them off for her. "Fine" I thought. "Roses are a cliche and overpriced gift anyways."
When my fiancé got home, I heard the rustling of what sounded like the papers wrapping a bouquet of flowers. When he came to the room I discovered that this wasn't not flowers, but it was the bag that his script was in. I go upstairs to see a pretty little silver gift bag on our counter... I look in it and the back is empty. Wtf? I go downstairs and say "um... the bag is empty?". "No it's not," he said. I followed him upstairs as he handed me a card from inside of the back in an envelope that blended in with the bag. printed on the card was "dat ass" "I like it." Nothing else. Just a card in an oversized bag. So we went out to dinner and I downed 3 tangerine and tonics. Happy Valentine's Day!
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2017 at 4:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
danityjo
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 4:33 PM

Why are you engaged?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 4:34 PM
1 mom liked this
That's not being a bad gift giver...but a lazy cheap tool.

Not getting a gift is one thing. He's just pathetic.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 4:34 PM
1 mom liked this

OMG, I don't know whether to laugh or cry for you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2017 at 4:34 PM
Because not everyone is perfect and I think it's pretty hysterical

Quoting danityjo:

Why are you engaged?

Ginger0104
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 4:35 PM
What did you give him?
emandab
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 4:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol Same.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

OMG, I don't know whether to laugh or cry for you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2017 at 4:36 PM
Laugh. I am. It's not all bad lol
ilovemykids323
by Emerald Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 4:37 PM
1 mom liked this

yea i dont think he's bad at gifts i just dont think he's even trying or putting effort into it really.

lol i'd probably just try and top his gifts of badness ;)

ZamilyMom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 4:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Know that this will continue if you marry him. Either find another man or accept this laziness and lack of caring about your feelings without complaint.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 4:37 PM

Mine made me sick with the flu from hell and all four of our kids then went back to work and left me to deal with the whining bitchy complaints "this medicine doesn't fix it mom!!" cough cough sneeze sneeze.. im cold.. im hot...I'm not hungry. Im hungry but don't like anything. I want something we don't have so you can drag four sick kids out to get me that one item we don't have.. its been a long week screw valentines day.. Ide much rather have a card lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)