Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Brush fire

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
There is an almost 2,000 acre fire burning a few miles from me in polk county fl. They have evacuated over 800 homes. One home has been damaged but no one has been hurt.

We have had wind gusts up to 25 mph today that has aided in spreading the fire.

I have our vehicles packed with essentials just in case we have to leave because everything out here is just woods and they can't get the fire contained.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2017 at 6:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 6:27 PM
Sad. Sorry.
squeekers
by squeekers on Feb. 15, 2017 at 6:29 PM
I hope you're all safe now, have a good place to evacuate towards & to hang in for the brush fire season.
Redhotsy
by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 6:33 PM
Fuck. Huge hugs. The wildlife always suffers as well.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2017 at 6:39 PM
Thank you. I know it, when I live is attached to a wildlife preserve. All heavily wooded, I'm so worried for everyone that is or might be in the path.

Quoting Redhotsy: Fuck. Huge hugs. The wildlife always suffers as well.
Redhotsy
by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 6:41 PM
Those poor fireman and their families.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Thank you. I know it, when I live is attached to a wildlife preserve. All heavily wooded, I'm so worried for everyone that is or might be in the path.

coala
by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 6:41 PM

Wow!!

We have had gusts upwards of 40 mph in Orlando.  It's been rough.  I hope you all stay out of harms way.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2017 at 6:44 PM
We do thank you. My dh's boss offered us a place if we need to leave.

Quoting squeekers: I hope you're all safe now, have a good place to evacuate towards & to hang in for the brush fire season.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2017 at 6:46 PM
2 moms liked this
The wind has been crazy all day here. It finally died down and started pouring, so everyone is thankful for that.

Thank you!! It's crazy that people have chosen not to evacuate in the one community that has actually had damage from the fire.

Quoting coala:

Wow!!

We have had gusts upwards of 40 mph in Orlando.  It's been rough.  I hope you all stay out of harms way.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2017 at 6:48 PM
1 mom liked this
I know! I do to know how many other areas are aiding our local fire department but I know they said something like 8 bull dozers and a few planes are being utilized to help contain it.

Quoting Redhotsy: Those poor fireman and their families.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Thank you. I know it, when I live is attached to a wildlife preserve. All heavily wooded, I'm so worried for everyone that is or might be in the path.

bnj03
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 6:58 PM
I was watching that on Bay News 9 earlier. I was hoping it calmed down as the storms got through. Stay safe.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)