Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Xbox microphone- is this weird?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies
My husband plays XBOX with my son. Recently they got into a game called Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare, it isn't a kids game but I believe a majority of people who play it are younger. My husband (25) likes the game and now plays sometimes without my son. My husband uses a mic and starts game groups with other players to unlock stuff and my son usually plays with him. The other players he plays with are young kids (10 and under) who also have mics. My husband feels weird because he's old and the kids are little. Would you think it's weird if a 25 year old was playing Xbox and using a mic to talk to your 7 year old? (But they ONLY talk about the game my husband doesn't even ask their name/age)

Me and my husband were talking about it and we think it isn't weird since it's Xbox and there are people of every age.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2017 at 6:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 6:46 PM
Yea it's kinda weird. I would freak if my ds was talking to an adult through his headphones
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 6:47 PM
My 13 year old ds loves that game. I think it would be wierd.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 6:47 PM
Yeah I would think it was weird if my 9 year old was talking to him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2017 at 6:48 PM
I know I'm kinda like iffy about it. We only have one TV so I can hear him playing and he barely talks unless it's about the game. Sometimes I can't help but wonder where these kids parents are? This kid he was playing with was 7 and it was 11 at night. I would be scared if my kid was up late playing with an adult.

This isn't a "kids" game. It's rated E but not geared specifically towards kids like Barney or something lol

Quoting Anonymous 2: Yea it's kinda weird. I would freak if my ds was talking to an adult through his headphones
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2017 at 6:49 PM
Well I'm glad I'm not the only one who's kid loves it lol

Quoting Anonymous 3: My 13 year old ds loves that game. I think it would be wierd.
Saphira1207
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 6:53 PM

No, but my kids play games and talk to adults on them all the time.  If any of them gets inappropriate my boys just mute/delete them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2017 at 6:54 PM
1 mom liked this
My husband said he'd let our son play Xbox with a mic unsupervised if he was mature enough. The kids he plays with usually don't notice that my husband is older than them. My kid is on a mic too and says "that's my dad" lol

Quoting Saphira1207:

No, but my kids play games and talk to adults on them all the time.  If any of them gets inappropriate my boys just mute/delete them.

zombieskayer
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 6:56 PM

It would be a little weird. THat game is mostly kid players now a days. We have it, got it for free with EB games or something like that. DF and I played a few times and its always kids. I'd feel weird if an adult was talking to my 7 year old on the game. 

PrettyWings29
by Caribbean Queen on Feb. 15, 2017 at 6:57 PM

As long as they're being supervised like you mention, I don't see a problem with it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:04 PM
Yea I mean my ds is 11 and most of his games are rated m. But we've figured out how to put it on lock down since dh and I really know nothing about it. Dhs best friend is his only adult friend and he's caught him sneaking on in the middle of the night. That's how's we figured out how to block it so he can't play after 8

Quoting Anonymous 1: I know I'm kinda like iffy about it. We only have one TV so I can hear him playing and he barely talks unless it's about the game. Sometimes I can't help but wonder where these kids parents are? This kid he was playing with was 7 and it was 11 at night. I would be scared if my kid was up late playing with an adult.

This isn't a "kids" game. It's rated E but not geared specifically towards kids like Barney or something lol

Quoting Anonymous 2: Yea it's kinda weird. I would freak if my ds was talking to an adult through his headphones
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)