Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would your kid have fun?

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 6:59 PM
  • 80 Replies
My daughter picked disco theme for her birthday party this year. So we have rented a space and the only entertainment we have planned is there will be a dj with disco lights and such for the children to dance. We considered craft tables as we usually do, but with the room being darker and the lights going I'm not sure how well that would work.

So anyway, my question is would your kid get bored at a birthday party like this? They are first graders, so 6-8 years old and the party is 2 and a half hours long. Lots of food provided, so I imagine some of the time they will spend eating, plus cake. I'm just not sure music alone will keep them occupied/happy for two+ hours.
by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 6:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Molz09
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Well my son is 6 and asked for a disco themed birthday this year.... so I think it's safe to say he'd really enjoy it.

Sounds like fun!
CheerioHolder
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:04 PM
Awesome! I hope they do have fun.

Quoting Molz09: Well my son is 6 and asked for a disco themed birthday this year.... so I think it's safe to say he'd really enjoy it.

Sounds like fun!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:08 PM
4 moms liked this
My dd would love a party like that.
I would come up with some games.
Maybe someone to teach some dance moves like the "hustle".
Zaichik90
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Can I come? Haha that sounds so fun! My kids would love that (I might take your idea!). Maybe get them a goodie bag with things like disco glasses, gloves, belts.
Hey maybe see if you can rent a photo booth :-)

lapcounter
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:12 PM
1 mom liked this
We did a DJ for our daughter last year but she is a little older and they had a blast. 6 seems kind of young.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:13 PM
Maby a disco/skate party?
CheerioHolder
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:19 PM
We will have goodie bags for the kids as they leave.

We didn't rent a photo booth, as the dj was a bit pricey as is for a kids party (in our opinion lol) but we did make a big frame thing out of poster board for the kids to decorate/sign and take pictures with. I stole that idea from another party dd went to, it was a hit.

Quoting Zaichik90: Can I come? Haha that sounds so fun! My kids would love that (I might take your idea!). Maybe get them a goodie bag with things like disco glasses, gloves, belts.
Hey maybe see if you can rent a photo booth :-)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:21 PM
I foresee them getting bored in about 20 minutes if there was just music. We would never last 2.5 hours.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:22 PM
7 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Disco ball
Music
Glow Sticks
Glow in the dark face paint station
Inflatable guitars
Glow in the dark ring toss
zombieskayer
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:23 PM

If you play music they are gonna like I think they'll have tons of fun. Kids love to dance.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)