• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do u know anyone like this?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
If they give you a gift they are not happy unless you continually praise them and the gift . Both my mom and my sister are this way and it drives me nuts. They go to the point of i have to take photos of me or my kids with the said gift showing that we enjoy it. I hate it its like they try to make us a fricken puppet. When i give a gift a simple thank you is enough for me. I cant stand being made to praise something for their pleasure!!!!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ZamilyMom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:16 PM

Do they praise you for and send you pictures of them enjoying the gifts you give them? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:20 PM
No. They said nothing about what we sent nephew for christmas. Not even a thank you. When i brought it up bc i was finally aggravated about her asking about something she sent i said does childs name like his gift? Oh he has so many toys sis u know these kids r spoiled , he basically didnt even know what we had sent lol.

Quoting ZamilyMom:

Do they praise you for and send you pictures of them enjoying the gifts you give them? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:23 PM

I remember that being a thing back 20 yrs ago or more but it's a new era, and they haven't arrived yet.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:25 PM
Sounds like my brother. He's a narcissist. Give him something with a lot of thought and meaning and he pretty much tosses it aside. He wants his ego stroked constantly.
ZamilyMom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 8:51 PM

Solution: the next time, your sister insists on you sending her a picture of your children using the gift, just say, in a syrupy sweet voice, "Absolutely! I'll get right on that as soon as I receive a picture of (insert nephew's name) playing with (insert toy).

Quoting Anonymous 1: No. They said nothing about what we sent nephew for christmas. Not even a thank you. When i brought it up bc i was finally aggravated about her asking about something she sent i said does childs name like his gift? Oh he has so many toys sis u know these kids r spoiled , he basically didnt even know what we had sent lol.
Quoting ZamilyMom:

sammichmaker
by soup sandwich on Feb. 15, 2017 at 8:52 PM
Yep. Its pathetic. Its all about apperances on FB. Lame.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 8:53 PM

no thankfully or at least they are not vocal about it

iwicked
by Sugar Magnolia on Feb. 15, 2017 at 8:53 PM
How childish. A simple thank you is enough.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 8:54 PM
My sip. She bought my kids shoes for Christmas. She's asked numerous times for pictures. Wtf, they're shoes.
VegetaPrincess
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 8:55 PM
Just do that back to them. "Oh, what did you send? We have sooooo many toys around here. Oh? I don't remember that. Maybe we haven't got around to opening it yet. I'll look for it this weekend. Got to go, bye!"

Bonus points if you can do it in a Zsa Zsa Gabor voice.

Quoting Anonymous 1: No. They said nothing about what we sent nephew for christmas. Not even a thank you. When i brought it up bc i was finally aggravated about her asking about something she sent i said does childs name like his gift? Oh he has so many toys sis u know these kids r spoiled , he basically didnt even know what we had sent lol.
Quoting ZamilyMom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)