Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm so damn confused!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies
Someone help me out.
My husband and I filed bankruptcy in 2016, and I'm trying to set up an appointment with our CPA to do our taxes. She said she can't do them until we get a 1099, is that something we get ourselves? Because everything I keep reading says they should be sent to us, and no one can seen to answer my question!
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:37 PM
notjstasocermom
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:38 PM
1099 from who
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:40 PM
That's what I'm wondering. Do we get from from the attorney that did our bankruptcy?
Can my husband get one from work?
Do the lenders and such send you one?

Quoting notjstasocermom: 1099 from who
eso.si.que.es
by Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:42 PM
This form reports earnings from dividends and accounts. Do you own stock or have any interest bearing savings accounts?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:44 PM
No. But our CPA said they can't do our taxes without a 1099...

Quoting eso.si.que.es: This form reports earnings from dividends and accounts. Do you own stock or have any interest bearing savings accounts?
eso.si.que.es
by Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:48 PM
I'm sorry, for some reason I missed in your original post that you said you had filed for bankruptcy last year I thought you said you were feeling this year. The 1099 is a form that will be sent to you which basically reports the money that you got discharged from the bankruptcy, as income. Each creditor that you declared on your bankruptcy should be sending you one, so if for example you had 30 different accounts with 30 different companies, you could be getting 30 different 1099 forms.

Did you file for your bankruptcy using an attorney or did you do the whole thing yourself?

Quoting Anonymous 1: No. But our CPA said they can't do our taxes without a 1099...
Quoting eso.si.que.es: This form reports earnings from dividends and accounts. Do you own stock or have any interest bearing savings accounts?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:50 PM
I guess a 1099-C, but we haven't received anything..

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Maybe this article will help?

https://www.efile.com/what-is-form-1099-misc-income-tax-return-requirements/

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:52 PM
We had an attorney, and we haven't received anything yet.

Quoting eso.si.que.es: I'm sorry, for some reason I missed in your original post that you said you had filed for bankruptcy last year I thought you said you were feeling this year. The 1099 is a form that will be sent to you which basically reports the money that you got discharged from the bankruptcy, as income. Each creditor that you declared on your bankruptcy should be sending you one, so if for example you had 30 different accounts with 30 different companies, you could be getting 30 different 1099 forms.

Did you file for your bankruptcy using an attorney or did you do the whole thing yourself?

Quoting Anonymous 1: No. But our CPA said they can't do our taxes without a 1099...
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:56 PM

http://www.forbes.com/sites/robertwood/2013/01/30/didnt-receive-a-form-1099-dont-ask/#697a1d29472f

It says within the article to contact the IRS directly if you haven't received one.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I guess a 1099-C, but we haven't received anything..
Quoting OwlNuggets:

Maybe this article will help?

https://www.efile.com/what-is-form-1099-misc-income-tax-return-requirements/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)