Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question for teachers... specifically pre-k

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
Do you tell a parent if their child was hit buy another child during school or if their child hit someone? My daughter told me a boy punched her chest with both fist and then shoved her before her class was walking into school from playing outside. She told me she didnt tell anyone, she wanted to tell me. I spoke with her teacher who apologised and said this boy has been having a problem keeping his hands to himself. And they are sorry they didnt see it happen but will definitely talk with him on Friday. So im curious will they notify his parents of this? It seems to be an ongoing issue.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:27 PM
Typically yes
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:28 PM
Only if a) his behavior is repeatedly a problem or b) the event in question was serious
lenashark
by Emerald Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:34 PM

It's a case by case basis. Preschoolers often are still learning to keep their hands to themselves and to use their words when upset. So no, we don't tell the parents every time a child hits or gives a push. We discipline the child and move on. For most kids, it doesn't happen again and the child who was hit forgets all about it in minutes. If a child is consistently hitting, then we talk to the parents. If a child is consistently being hit or was actually injured when they were hit (like bruised), then we tell the parents of the child who was hit. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:36 PM
K thank you

Quoting lenashark:

It's a case by case basis. Preschoolers often are still learning to keep their hands to themselves and to use their words when upset. So no, we don't tell the parents every time a child hits or gives a push. We discipline the child and move on. For most kids, it doesn't happen again and the child who was hit forgets all about it in minutes. If a child is consistently hitting, then we talk to the parents. If a child is consistently being hit or was actually injured when they were hit (like bruised), then we tell the parents of the child who was hit. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:37 PM
Thx!

Quoting Anonymous 3: Only if a) his behavior is repeatedly a problem or b) the event in question was serious
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)