Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We said no pictures on facebook

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 212 Replies
2 moms liked this
Our family lives 3000 miles away and they depend on the pictures we send through text and email to keep updated on our kids. However,Mil has refused to respect our choice on keeping the photos off Facebook. We have never posted a picture of our children on the internet. We have reported the pictures to Facebook and they removed them over and over again. It has become such a problem that Facebook has deleted their profiles. Now Mil,Fil and Bil are super upset saying we stole their property and are demanding even more pictures. My husband is absolutely furious and has told them all since you have ignored our wishes and choices that absolutely no pictures will be sent until the kids are 13. So basically they will never see the kids again. We can't travel to them and they refuse to travel to us. I think my husband is being unfair and needs to relax about this but he refuses. What can I do to change his mind
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:29 PM
6 moms liked this
Well either you have to accept that they will continue to post pictures or stop sending them, there is likely no middle ground
ShaMac
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:29 PM
4 moms liked this
Wow. Control freaks are weird.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:29 PM
1 mom liked this
There is nothing you right now give him time to cool off
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:30 PM
If the pictures are their property they can post them.
quinnsmom715
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:31 PM

why do they post pics when youve asked them not to?and texting the pics is almost as bad as the internet..

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:33 PM
3 moms liked this
This is so crazy. So grandma want some to show off her grandchild. So? This is a digital age. Guarantee your kids are on Internet from pics taken from others from soccer games, amusement parks, class photos, whatever.
PrettyWings29
by Caribbean Queen on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:34 PM
5 moms liked this

I don't see a problem. They can't respect your wishes, they suffer the consequences or travel the 3,000 miles to visit in person. Seems pretty simple. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:36 PM
No they can't because it violates Facebook terms of service. They didn't take the photos and you can't post pics of other peoples kids without their consent

Quoting Anonymous 3: If the pictures are their property they can post them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:38 PM
Only if the picture is with them in the background. The schools can't publish without consent and we refuse to give it

Quoting MrsDavidB25: This is so crazy. So grandma want some to show off her grandchild. So? This is a digital age. Guarantee your kids are on Internet from pics taken from others from soccer games, amusement parks, class photos, whatever.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:38 PM
6 moms liked this
Get over yourself.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)