Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who here does not... (SO cheap meals)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 102 Replies
Plan their meals or grocery budget on cheap food items? I've been there, don't get me wrong, where I've had weeks that I had to make sure to stay under $150 in groceries, but I haven't done that in a while.

Last night I made seafood bisque followed by porterhouse steaks. Tonight I'm making sushi with chicken, shrimp nd vegetable tempura.

Tomorrow night we're having Buffalo burgers with homemade bacon.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:30 PM

There was a time when I was first married that my husband maid enough money where prices or sales did not married, I just bought what I wanted.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:33 PM
3 out of 4 weeks in a month we have $28 for food. And once a week we have $150... I wish we could have $150 a WK...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:33 PM
I choose to spend my money wisely, but we eat well. We prefer ribeye and usually have it once or twice a week. I buy a whole side of ribeye and have it butchered the way we want it to stay semi-economical. I know where to buy perfect bacon at a great price. I'm certainly not ashamed to stock up on a good sale of something we'll use.
momto2boys973
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:34 PM
1 mom liked this
I do have a grocery budget and I try to stick to it and plan meals around it. I do look for ways to stretch a buck. I find that cooking from scratch is cheaper in the long run, so I avoid prepared foods.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:36 PM
I plan easy meals with few ingredients as I loathe cooking. The less time spent in the kitchen the better.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:36 PM

I plan and budget but can't eat 90% of the cheap carb filled meals these women call health on here. I know how to keep my budget where it needs to be.

Beans and rice is filling but soo unhealthy no wonder we have so many fat people around here. An I'm one of them but fixing that with eating healthy on a budget.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:39 PM
We don't need to pinch pennies, but I keep our grocery spending to a level we feel comfortable with. We chose generally cheaper types of meats, but still have plenty of fruits and vegetables.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Why don't you divide it evenly? Then you could have $58.50 per week. 

Quoting Anonymous 3: 3 out of 4 weeks in a month we have $28 for food. And once a week we have $150... I wish we could have $150 a WK...

lapcounter
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:40 PM
I don't do cheap meals like hot dogs and mac and cheese or those nasty ass noodles or hamburger helper.
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Beans and rice are an excellent source of healthy carbs and proteins. The problem lies in overeating or in failing to also eat produce, not in the beans and rice.

Quoting Anonymous 6:

I plan and budget but can't eat 90% of the cheap carb filled meals these women call health on here. I know how to keep my budget where it needs to be.

Beans and rice is filling but soo unhealthy no wonder we have so many fat people around here. An I'm one of them but fixing that with eating healthy on a budget.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)