Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Best flea medicine for dogs and cats?

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:56 PM
  • 20 Replies
I have a 13 pound dog and probably a 13 pound cat...i have tried comfortis and capstar and neither seems to work well. I prefer a topical for the cat as getting her to take pills is a pain
by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:57 PM

Advantage

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:57 PM

Frontline is also highly rated.

imthatgirl0607
by Emerald Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:58 PM
K9 advantix 2 for dogs

And advantage for cats
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:58 PM
Frontline- I've found the best prices on Amazon. Never seen a single flea on my cat or dog
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:59 PM
We always had good luck with advantage. From what someone at the pet store told us, it's the only one that is a actually repellent.
silverdawn99
by Jamie on Feb. 15, 2017 at 8:02 PM
Is it a topical also?

Quoting Seagodess: We always had good luck with advantage. From what someone at the pet store told us, it's the only one that is a actually repellent.
bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 8:04 PM
I like Cheristin for cats.

It worked faster and better than Advantage.
SuperPickle
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 8:05 PM

I know it has been in the news as "bad" lately but we LOVE bravecto for the dogs(nnever had one adverse reaction).....for the cat we like Cheristin

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 8:05 PM
Capstar is only good for about 24 hours. I like Seresto collars they are water resistant and good for 8 months plus kills ticks. For my dog is also liked Bravecto it's an oral flea and tick product that lasts 12 weeks. I typically avoid topicals because bathing makes them less effective as doestrogen frequent swimming and I worry about the kids loving on the dogs and getting the stuff on them it stays oily for a good few days.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 8:08 PM
Frontline uses fipronil, which can be found generically now. For much cheaper. Check the ingredients.

I liked advantage but found it didn't last as long on my 90 pound dogs as the frontline. However,after a few years of ffrontline I swear my fleas developed immunity to it, so I used advantage for two years. Now I'm on the generics of the frontline and its working great again.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)