Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How Do I Tell Them?

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 8:42 PM
  • 17 Replies

Aside from people being there when the baby is born, I don't want anyone coming to the hospital to see the baby.

Once the baby is born, I want everyone except DH to leave.

In my room will be DH, my SM (because not all of them are evil! She is actually awesome and I love her more than I do my BM) and a friend of mine who will be acting as my doula. That's it.

After Baby comes, and we're both moved to recovery, SM and friend will leave and I want just DH and I to be there for the remainder of our time there.

How do I tell my family, without hurting feelings, that I don't want them to come see us?

Thanks!

by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 8:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 8:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Just don't tell anyone you are in labor. You can notify everyone after you come home
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 8:46 PM
I find that so strange. I got so bored.
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 8:46 PM

I agree.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Just don't tell anyone you are in labor. You can notify everyone after you come home

K3412
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 8:47 PM
Don't tell anyone you are in labor. Once the baby is born and you are ready for visitors, let people know.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 8:48 PM
Let the nurses know you want no visitors. Nurses make awesome bouncers.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 8:50 PM
Why no visitors?
EnlightenedMa
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 8:56 PM

We have three kids already. And family is always at our house.

The first 24-48 hours of its life will be the ONLY time DH and I have to bond with just baby.

Quoting Anonymous 4: Why no visitors?

Gorilla_Mama
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 8:59 PM
Don't tell anyone you've had the baby until your home. And tell the nurses absolutely no visitors.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 9:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Just tell them what you told me! They have 18 years to get to know the child, all your asking for is a few days to bond. Any sane person will understand that!

Quoting EnlightenedMa:

We have three kids already. And family is always at our house.

The first 24-48 hours of its life will be the ONLY time DH and I have to bond with just baby.

Quoting Anonymous 4: Why no visitors?

rebal
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 9:01 PM
If there is no way to wait to tell until after you get home then just be honest with your family. Tell them while you appreciate their excitement, you simply won't be ready for visitors at the hospital because it is a special time for you and your husband. I never understood why people get so on edge about not seeing a baby until the little one comes home a day or two later.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)