Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So Gross

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
2 moms liked this
I posted the You Know You're Old When post and was all excited about my new vacuum. Well it came today!!!! I put it right together and did my entire house. I could not believe the dust it picked up. I'm disgusted to see how little my old vacuum was actually doing. Blech...

On the flip side, Shark vacuums rock so far!!!
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2017 at 8:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Fireball101586
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 9:00 PM
When we got our Shark, the dirt it got up was amazing. And DH even noticed the carpet felt cleaner. I live our shark, we have had it for about 6 months.
Stephd710
by Emerald Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 9:02 PM
I felt the same way after I got my shark. I went home and vacuumed right away. Filled the canister immediately even though I had vacuumed the day before. Gross.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2017 at 9:03 PM
I normally vacuum every few days but I'm thinking I'll do daily for a while and see what I can get up.

Which one do you have?

Quoting Fireball101586: When we got our Shark, the dirt it got up was amazing. And DH even noticed the carpet felt cleaner. I live our shark, we have had it for about 6 months.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2017 at 9:05 PM
Yes!! I emptied it 3 times between the carpets, entry rug and stairs. In fairness, I hadn't vacuumed in about a week because our other vacuum totally crapped out so there was definitely build up but I couldn't believe the dust!

Quoting Stephd710: I felt the same way after I got my shark. I went home and vacuumed right away. Filled the canister immediately even though I had vacuumed the day before. Gross.
.MiaBella.
by Mia on Feb. 15, 2017 at 9:35 PM

Yay for new vacuums!

BraxandVivsmom
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 9:41 PM
That's how I felt when I got my Kirby.. it was so strong it sucked the crumbs and dust from the tiny spaces between the hard wood.. I was shocked after just sweeping and vacuuming the floors how much dirt and dust came up during the demo.. I guy that was a good $1200 investment lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 9:42 PM
I got a new one too. It's small and runs on a rechargeable battery. I love it so far.
Fireball101586
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 10:23 PM
Its a blue Shark lift away

Quoting Anonymous 1: I normally vacuum every few days but I'm thinking I'll do daily for a while and see what I can get up.

Which one do you have?
Quoting Fireball101586: When we got our Shark, the dirt it got up was amazing. And DH even noticed the carpet felt cleaner. I live our shark, we have had it for about 6 months.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 10:25 PM
I feel like that about my wet swiffer.
mom2mygirls0208
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2017 at 11:04 PM
Now I want a shark vacuum cleaner
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)