Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need advice please!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
My mom passed away yesterday and me and my children are having a very hard time being alone. I don't know what to do. She didn't pass away at my house but she was a huge part of our lives now we are lost. How do I get us all back to feeling OK being in our home? Any advice would be appreciated.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2017 at 9:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 9:56 PM

I am so sorry for the loss of your mom.

Quoting Anonymous 1: My mom passed away yesterday and me and my children are having a very hard time being alone. I don't know what to do. She didn't pass away at my house but she was a huge part of our lives now we are lost. How do I get us all back to feeling OK being in our home? Any advice would be appreciated.

Caidysmom
by MindyM on Feb. 15, 2017 at 9:57 PM
Unfortunately.. time. When my mom died , I was almost terrified to be at home alone. She didn't live with me either . It took a while..

I'm so very sorry for your loss.
awelling
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 9:58 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss.
iwicked
by Sugar Magnolia on Feb. 15, 2017 at 9:59 PM
I'm sorry for your loss. It will take time. My mom's been gone 4 years and I still reach for the phone to call her. It's hard.
Princess_s21
by Sarah on Feb. 15, 2017 at 10:02 PM
So sorry for your loss. It's going to take time, nothing is going to make you feel better right now initially. Just give each other a lot of love and reassurance to help each other feel supported.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2017 at 10:13 PM
Thank you!

Quoting Anonymous 2:

I am so sorry for the loss of your mom.

Quoting Anonymous 1: My mom passed away yesterday and me and my children are having a very hard time being alone. I don't know what to do. She didn't pass away at my house but she was a huge part of our lives now we are lost. How do I get us all back to feeling OK being in our home? Any advice would be appreciated.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2017 at 10:16 PM
I hope that I will get through this and be strong for my kids. I'm also 35 weeks pregnant which doesn't help at all.

Quoting Caidysmom: Unfortunately.. time. When my mom died , I was almost terrified to be at home alone. She didn't live with me either . It took a while..

I'm so very sorry for your loss.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2017 at 10:17 PM
Oh man this is definitely going to be hard I talked to her four to five times a day. I'm lost!😭

Quoting iwicked: I'm sorry for your loss. It will take time. My mom's been gone 4 years and I still reach for the phone to call her. It's hard.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 10:17 PM

I am very sorry for your loss. As corny as it sounds, time really does heal. Take some time to go through pictures and talk about your mom and the things she loved. Each day will bring a new revelation.

One last thing you may want to look into is a grief counseling. Call a local hospital, they can help connect you to the right people.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 10:21 PM
I am sorry for your loss.

Not many of us had close relationships with our moms, remember the love you shared, it is very special.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)