Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you ever have second thoughts about having kids?

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 9:10 PM
  • 29 Replies

I spent a long time not sure if I would ever have kids because I was afraid that I would pass on a few hereditary deceases that my family has. 

Did you have second thoughts before having kids? Why?

by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 9:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 9:12 PM
Nope pregnant with my 3rd. At time do they drive me crazy and do I pine for the "good ole days" before them...well yes. I love being a mom and am happy with my choices.
SunshneDaydream
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 9:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I never thought about having kids before having kids.

I have second thoughts all the time now but I'm kinda stuck...πŸ™„
SilverSally
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 9:15 PM
I have second thoughts every time my 4 week old screams (colic and acid reflux, poor baby). We aren't having any more. Two is enough for us.
ThatDancerGirl
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 9:15 PM
I never thought about having kids when i got pregnant other than I thought it was a long way off.
Idkmyscreenname
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 9:16 PM
2 moms liked this
Yes. If given a do over. I wouldn't have children. I love them more than anything. I love my grandchild. And I was a pretty terrific mother. But it was hard and I should have lived a different life.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 9:17 PM
Yes. I never wanted kids.
Why? If I never had them I wouldn't be married
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 9:22 PM
I'm "Mrs. Mom" and have second thoughts pretty regularly, generally while I'm stuck homeschooling or in dire need of a nap. On the outside, it looks like I'm a pro.
.MiaBella.
by Mia on Feb. 15, 2017 at 9:25 PM

No.. we had a plan and kept to it LOL

iwicked
by Sugar Magnolia on Feb. 15, 2017 at 9:28 PM
I think I'm the same way at times. My kids are my world but my world would have been different without them. I'm not sure if it would have been better though. I always wanted kids too.

Quoting Idkmyscreenname: Yes. If given a do over. I wouldn't have children. I love them more than anything. I love my grandchild. And I was a pretty terrific mother. But it was hard and I should have lived a different life.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 10:01 PM

I did have second thoughts before having kids because of all of the problems people have nowadays with the father of the kid or sharing custody of the kids or the father running off when the woman is pregnant.

Quoting MysticLove:

I spent a long time not sure if I would ever have kids because I was afraid that I would pass on a few hereditary deceases that my family has. 

Did you have second thoughts before having kids? Why?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)