Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SO is an animal hating a**hole

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies
Ok not really. He actually loves animals, I just wanted you to open this post.

We have a cuddly long haired cat whom we both adore. We've had him a few months. He has one rule. No cats in the bed. He says the third of the bed I allow him to sleep in is his and his alone. He will not share a bed with an animal that walks around in its own shit box.

I respect his wishes. He never really had a cat before. I give him a gentle shove off of the bed when he jumps up. I put a little bed for him on the floor next to our bed. He sleeps there or in the kids room.

I, on the other hand, grew up in a house with at least one or two cats at a time. They usually have free reign other than the counters and tables. I love cuddling in bed with the cats.

What say you? Cat people, do you allow them in your bed?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2017 at 10:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Maddogsmommy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 10:07 PM
No. Not in my bed, but half the time my toddler is in there. The cats mostly sleep with my 8 yr old.
MistyMoo
by Emerald Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 10:08 PM
I always kick them off when I stay at my mom's because of the fur they shed, it just makes my nose itchy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 10:09 PM
When I had a cat she'd only sleep in the bed when dh was gone
quinnsmom715
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 10:09 PM

yes..

Ted1242
by I'm listening. on Feb. 15, 2017 at 10:10 PM
Our cats basically run this house. They sleep where they want.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 10:10 PM
Everyone in my house has 1 pet that sleeps in their bed. My kids each have a puppy, I have my cat and my parents (that live with me now) sleep with my other cat. We have 4 beds and 4 pets, it works out perfectly lol.
jws120567
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 10:11 PM

Bed, yes.  Counters and tables are a huge no-no!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2017 at 10:11 PM
Sometimes ours will sneak on to the bed after he leaves to work at 5am. I wake up two hours later and there he is. I forgot to shut the bedroom door the other day and came home from work to find him sprawled out on our bed like a king lol.

Quoting Anonymous 2: When I had a cat she'd only sleep in the bed when dh was gone
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2017 at 10:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree with you. I compromise with the bed thing. But I don't let him on counters and table.

Quoting jws120567:

Bed, yes.  Counters and tables are a huge no-no!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2017 at 10:13 PM
That is a wonderful arrangent!

Quoting Anonymous 3: Everyone in my house has 1 pet that sleeps in their bed. My kids each have a puppy, I have my cat and my parents (that live with me now) sleep with my other cat. We have 4 beds and 4 pets, it works out perfectly lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)