Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You called off for THAT??!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 78 Replies
Dh is training a new coworker, he's been there about a week so far. Tonight he left Dh a voicemail that he couldn't come in because of....a sore throat. Really??? What's the most ridiculous reason you or a coworker has given to call off work?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2017 at 10:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 10:25 PM
I had a co worker who had to stay home because her air conditioner was broke and her son was too hot. He was 17 years old.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 10:26 PM
I hate it when people claim vomiting or diareeha (sp?) it's so easy to fake and not easy to prove.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 10:27 PM
A sore throat could be a good reason if he has strep. Calling in "sick" when they were really hungover. Once a coworker called in because her pet died. Another because her daughter's pet died of parvo. It was her grown daughter and they had only had it less than 3 months. In my younger days, I was at a party with a coworker and she called in lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 10:27 PM
1 mom liked this
When I was younger a coworker called off saying her goldfish died.

She never came back after that. Lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 10:28 PM
I called off in a small ski town for a powder day. I saw one of the docs on the slopes. Oops. I was a nurse in the small hospital there.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 10:28 PM

My cat is farting, I think it's sick.....  (former coworker)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 10:29 PM
5 moms liked this

Strep throat and the flu have been rampant here. I would appreciate a co worker not coming to work if they had a sore throat.  I've never worked, so I can't comment on your question.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 10:29 PM
My senior boss sent us an email that she couldnt come to work because she has been on the toilet a lot and can't stop.

I get grossed out easily but this was like 10 years ago and I remember it every time I see her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 10:30 PM
1 mom liked this

have you ever had strep as an adult?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 10:31 PM
The lady who called 4 days a week when pregnant because she didn't want to talk on the phone, our whole job, and she had fmla and got away with it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)