Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Inducing labor at home?

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 10:34 PM
  • 29 Replies

I'm not planning on trying anything before 39wks. I'm currently 37w 2d. I'm also waiting for my husband to come home, he will be home the week before my due date. But I'm just curious of how you have induced your labor naturally and successfully. I had to be induced with my first, a week after due date, and with my second I had a membrane sweep on my due date and went into labor. I'm going to have the same done at my 39wk appointment. But I may try some other things along with it to get me going. So feel free to share. 😁

by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 10:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iwicked
by Sugar Magnolia on Feb. 15, 2017 at 10:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Sex, sex, and more sex
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 10:40 PM
1 mom liked this
I've had three c-sections, so I haven't ever been in labor...but here's a bump. Good luck!
ilovemykids323
by Emerald Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 10:41 PM
1 mom liked this

it didn't matter what i did my kids were comfy and weren't coming out until they wanted too :/ buttheads lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 10:51 PM
1 mom liked this
A friend of mine swore she induced labor with both if her kids, by drinking pineapple juice. She said she went into labor hours after drinking a jug of juice.

I looked it up and it seems there is some truth to the pineapple myth, but only with large quantities of fresh pineapple.

DH and I were eager for YDD, and decided to give it a shot. We didn't really take it seriously, but were curious about it. I drank about half a glass of pineapple juice. About thirty minutes later, I sat down to drink another glass and as I was drinking it my water broke.

YDD was born one day early.

I don't know if it was just a coincidence, or if the pineapple juice actually worked.
Pink.Sunshine
by Petty Princess on Feb. 15, 2017 at 10:53 PM
1 mom liked this

No

MrsMom91
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 10:55 PM

I was watching a YouTube vlog earlier today on labor and delivery and she was drinking canned pineapple juice and ended up stating labor the following day. So it may be possible! I may try this when the time comes! 

Quoting Anonymous 2: A friend of mine swore she induced labor with both if her kids, by drinking pineapple juice. She said she went into labor hours after drinking a jug of juice. I looked it up and it seems there is some truth to the pineapple myth, but only with large quantities of fresh pineapple. DH and I were eager for YDD, and decided to give it a shot. We didn't really take it seriously, but were curious about it. I drank about half a glass of pineapple juice. About thirty minutes later, I sat down to drink another glass and as I was drinking it my water broke. YDD was born one day early. I don't know if it was just a coincidence, or if the pineapple juice actually worked.

MrsMom91
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 10:56 PM

Just no lol 

Quoting Pink.Sunshine:

No

Wtshubbypst
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 10:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Twerking.
MrsMom91
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 10:58 PM
1 mom liked this

This is something we have a hard time avoiding lol. It didn't help with our first two though. But this baby has been into position for a couple weeks now, so maybe it will help. 

Quoting iwicked: Sex, sex, and more sex

Allisonc7910
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 10:58 PM
1 mom liked this
I would say lots of slow long walks to get baby nice and low, can't hurt.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)