Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think my son may have

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
Hyperacusis, it's rare like 1-50,000 people. I'm not one to believe everything I read online usually, but everything, and I mean everything was spot on!
Has anyone or is anyone dealing with this?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2017 at 11:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 11:03 PM
I'll definitely take him to the doctor to confirm. Good luck.
silverdawn99
by Jamie on Feb. 15, 2017 at 11:04 PM
Its really not that rare especially with all the extremely loud noises in the world
What caused it?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2017 at 11:06 PM
I'm going to call tomorrow. Last time we took him to an audiologist he freaked out. But the things he freaks out over are crazy, like the bath water being too loud, he plays away from children because it's too loud.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I'll definitely take him to the doctor to confirm. Good luck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2017 at 11:07 PM
That I don't know..

Quoting silverdawn99: Its really not that rare especially with all the extremely loud noises in the world
What caused it?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 11:10 PM
Poor baby.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I'm going to call tomorrow. Last time we took him to an audiologist he freaked out. But the things he freaks out over are crazy, like the bath water being too loud, he plays away from children because it's too loud.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I'll definitely take him to the doctor to confirm. Good luck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2017 at 11:24 PM
It could be worse, but I told my stepmom about it, and she's a nurse. She said that it's possible, that he does seem really sound sensitive

Quoting Anonymous 2: Poor baby.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I'm going to call tomorrow. Last time we took him to an audiologist he freaked out. But the things he freaks out over are crazy, like the bath water being too loud, he plays away from children because it's too loud.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)