• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home birth

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies
What was your experience?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2017 at 11:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2017 at 11:11 PM
Nobody? Bump

Everyone likes those good drugs
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 11:14 PM
Since being pregnant I always felt it important to have medical back up if necessary so I had my 2 kids at a hospital. They both ended up being emergency c sections. I feel that if I wasn't at the hospital I could of died or my kids.
CP2017
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 11:15 PM

I am not able to have one, but my sister in law did. I was there, and it was a wonderful experience. I would have loved to do the same. maybe next time. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 11:16 PM

The hospital sent me home twice! told me I was having first time mom jitters , well I got home and DH delivered dd on our bathroom floor, nope wasn't jitters it was the baby lol

jjchick75
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 11:18 PM

My homebirth exerience was great!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2017 at 11:30 PM
Can you share more. Details? First baby? Water birth? How long and intense? Did at any point you wished you had pain killers?

Quoting jjchick75:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2017 at 11:31 PM
That's one story! Sweet!!

Quoting Anonymous 3:

The hospital sent me home twice! told me I was having first time mom jitters , well I got home and DH delivered dd on our bathroom floor, nope wasn't jitters it was the baby lol

ELKmountain.mom
by Peepers on Feb. 15, 2017 at 11:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I have had 2 and they were both amazing. I have also had 2 in the hospital which were easy per those standards. I cant even explain how much more relaxed and comfortable I was at home plus the pregnancy was a game changer. I was so informed and my midwife felt like family. 

I cant imagine ever giving birth in a hospital again.. I am happy to answer any questions if you have some:)

jjchick75
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 11:53 PM

It was baby number 6. I had planned a water birth but baby came too fast.

My labor was fast and intense(3 hours from first contraction until baby was born). He was sunny side up(and over 10lbs), so I had back labor for the first time which was really intense for me. My midwife was at another birth 2 hours away so she didn't even make it, my husband delievered him. Even as intense as the back labor was I never for a second wished I was in the hospital or had pain killers. It was an amazing experience.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Can you share more. Details? First baby? Water birth? How long and intense? Did at any point you wished you had pain killers?
Quoting jjchick75:

B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Feb. 16, 2017 at 12:00 AM

Mine were both risky pregnancies with complicated hospital deliveries, and I'm a fan of painkillers anyway, but my friend delivered three of her five at home, one in bed and two in the bath, and loved those deliveries. Her hospital births were much less pleasant for her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)