Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Memorial tattoo...help me choose

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 63 Replies

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

My sister passed away very unexpectedly on the 1st. She was my best friend and I'm lost without her. I want to get a memorial tattoo in honor of her.

Her favorite flowers were lilies, so that is what I want to get, likely on my leg, but I can't decide which design I like the best. She had a full sleeve of lilies and butterflies.

If you aren't into tattoos, I respect that, please keep any negativity to yourselves.

***EDIT TO ADD*** These are mostly concept ideas. There are aspects of each of these designs that I like. I'm trying to decide on layout, color and flower design. My artist will know the concept of what I want, but the final piece will be an original that is composed of the elements I finally decided on.

Thank you all for the input and well wishes.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2017 at 11:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 11:14 PM
First one. They're all pretty but I like the first one best. Sorry for your lost.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2017 at 11:16 PM
That is one of my favorites. I really like the 3rd and 5th pictures too though. Some I just like the design of the lily.

Quoting Anonymous 2: First one. They're all pretty but I like the first one best. Sorry for your lost.
yabbadabba07
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 11:19 PM
1 mom liked this
One
yabbadabba07
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 11:20 PM
Also...i dunno if it would be super weird but if you have a pic of her tattoo maybe get the same one? Sorry if that is offensive it was just an idea.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 11:20 PM
3 moms liked this
I was a tattoo artist for ten years, so this is genuine advice. Since this is a memorial tattoo, describe what you want to your artist and let their skill dictate the design. Copying another's piece doesn't do it justice when attaching it to such deep meaning. The pictures may make good reference points, but for this, consider it being an original image with something unique thrown in. Best of luck, and may you find a great artist.
kelly617
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 11:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I really like the 1st one and the 4th one (with the skull)
The color on the first is gorgous....but I love the layout of the 4th one

Maybe you could combine your favorite parts of several of the tattoo's to come up with somthing you love

SpiritedWitch
by Froggie on Feb. 15, 2017 at 11:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry for your loss. I like the one with the Dragonfly. 

iwicked
by Sugar Magnolia on Feb. 15, 2017 at 11:23 PM
The 1st one. It's gorgeous. I think it should be on the back as well.
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 11:23 PM
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

I like this one.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2017 at 11:25 PM
I do have a picture of hers and will use the same artist that did hers since he's done 3 of my 4 already. Hers is mostly black and gray with a few pops of color in it. I could do the same design, but prefer more color.

Thanks for the idea though.

Quoting yabbadabba07: Also...i dunno if it would be super weird but if you have a pic of her tattoo maybe get the same one? Sorry if that is offensive it was just an idea.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)