Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My DH kidnapped my children!! No one appearently has good advice!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 243 Replies
We got in an argument on vacation and he hit me and my mother called the police on him. He immediately packed the children up in the car and left before the police arrived.

The police took pictures of where he hit me and said the DA would "investigate it and decide whether or not to press charges." They also told me because we are married it wasn't considered "kidnapping."

For days I didn't know where my children were and I was left alone.

I moved to another state with my family and established residency and proceeded with divorce. The current courts locally said they could help with divorce but not custody since the children do not live here. No jurisdiction.

Since then, I have driven over 1,000 miles 3 times to see my children. My ex won't let me. He refuses to let me. We do not have any legal documents or custody papers yet on the children so I should have every right to them as him and he will not let me see my children. I called the local police to help me. They said get a lawyer and if I "disturbed the peace I would go to jail." So I never saw my children.

On Valentines Day I was served "restraining order of property" papers from his lawyer. They are only signed by his lawyer and not a judge. No court number.. Nothing. I called to see if that was legal and the clerk said I am supposed to reply to the attorney?!? What a nightmare. My ex wants me to pay child support after kidnapping my children.

Any advice for this?!?

ETA: We were on vacation when this happened and he abandoned me. Why do you all want to be @ssholes and call me a troll instead of help me?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 16, 2017 at 5:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 16, 2017 at 5:27 PM
4 moms liked this
Why haven't you hired an attorney where he lives and filed for custody?

Quoting Anonymous 1: We got in an argument, he hit me and my mother called the police on him. He immediately packed the children up in the car and left before the police arrived.

The police took pictures of where he hit me and said the DA would "investigate it and decide whether or not to press charges." They also told me because we are married it wasn't considered "kidnapping."

I moved to another state with my family and established residency and proceeded with divorce. The current courts locally said they could help with divorce but not custody since the children do not live here. No jurisdiction.

Since then, I have driven over 1,000 miles 3 times to see my children. My ex won't let me. He refuses to let me. We do not have any legal documents or custody papers yet on the children so I should have every right to them as him and he will not let me see my children. I called the local police to help me. They said get a lawyer and if I "disturbed the peace I would go to jail." So I never saw my children.

On Valentines Day I was served "restraining order of property" papers from his lawyer. They are only signed by his lawyer and not a judge. No court number.. Nothing. I called to see if that was legal and the clerk said I am supposed to reply to the attorney?!? What a nightmare. My ex wants me to pay child support after kidnapping my children.

Any advice for this?!?
ResidentRedhead
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2017 at 5:28 PM
I'd get my children.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 16, 2017 at 5:29 PM
1 mom liked this

first page

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 16, 2017 at 5:29 PM
8 moms liked this

why don't you go to their school and pick them up?

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Feb. 16, 2017 at 5:29 PM
10 moms liked this
You need a lawyer, like... yesterday.
musicNcaffeine
by on Feb. 16, 2017 at 5:30 PM
3 moms liked this

Get an attorney asap. I am not sure I would hhave left the state... Good luck. Sorry.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 16, 2017 at 5:30 PM
How old are they? Can you dismiss them from school one day?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 16, 2017 at 5:30 PM
7 moms liked this
When you move away from your children, it's abandonment.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 16, 2017 at 5:30 PM
Why did you abandon your children?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 16, 2017 at 5:30 PM
I have had to start completely over. We were on vacation when this happened and he left me stranded without money, keys, food, nothing. I can't afford a lawyer and legal aid can't help because he is using them. I did file for custody in my state and this state couldn't help because it doesn't have jurisdiction.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Why haven't you hired an attorney where he lives and filed for custody?

Quoting Anonymous 1: We got in an argument, he hit me and my mother called the police on him. He immediately packed the children up in the car and left before the police arrived.

Any advice for this?!?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN