Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CSection Scheduled In 2 Weeks

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 12:21 AM
  • 59 Replies

I'm having a CSection March 1st. I will be 36 weeks by then. I was trying to avoid having a csection but I'm in a lot of pain and neither baby is in position so I gave in. I'm hoping I will last that long. Bad news for the older kids. They won't get to be in the room, but they will get to see their new baby brother and sister soon after. I'm off work this week because we are out of school and I think I will go ahead and take Monday and Tuesday off to get ready. I finally got the last thing I needed for the twins (a twin stroller), my bag is packed, the kids are packed up to go to grandma's (we went ahead and packed them up so that, if I went before the csection date, we could just grab their stuff and go) and I have the animals ready to go as well. I'm nervous and excited! Wish me luck!

boy n girlbusy mom

by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 12:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iwicked
by Sugar Magnolia on Feb. 21, 2017 at 12:22 AM
Congratulations!
iwilliams76
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 12:22 AM

good luck

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 12:23 AM
I am 39 weeks will be 40 weeks on Thursday and I am in pain and have been for a few weeks and I want my baby here but I would never plan a c-section that early just because of being in pain.
tsatske2
by Latricia on Feb. 21, 2017 at 12:26 AM
1 mom liked this

36 weeks is considered full term. You're lucky if you get twins to last that long. source: Mother of identical twin boys, although they are 30 now.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I am 39 weeks will be 40 weeks on Thursday and I am in pain and have been for a few weeks and I want my baby here but I would never plan a c-section that early just because of being in pain.

Razzle_Dazzle1
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 12:27 AM

That isn't the only reason. My doctor has been discussing a csection for a while. I wanted to hold out and have them naturally but I don't think that is going to work out. I can barely stand up and everything hurts. Both babies are breached. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: I am 39 weeks will be 40 weeks on Thursday and I am in pain and have been for a few weeks and I want my baby here but I would never plan a c-section that early just because of being in pain.

Razzle_Dazzle1
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 12:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you!

Quoting iwicked: Congratulations!

Razzle_Dazzle1
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 12:28 AM

Thanks!

Quoting iwilliams76:

good luck

Euroinus
by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 12:31 AM
I understand it is nothing uncommon to do that with twins.

Best of luck for both of you!

brime98
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 12:32 AM
Why so early?
Euroinus
by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 12:33 AM
1 mom liked this
I always wanted twins but don't have any family history.

Do you have a lot of twins in your family tree? Is it common to skip a generation. That is the case with all the twins I know. Maybe a myth..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)