Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did your divorce surprise you?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 47 Replies
Did you see it coming, or did things suddenly end?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2017 at 2:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 2:48 AM
I was shocked. My ex was a minister. He was having an affair with a girl from the College and Career group at church. When he told me he'd been cheating on me, I actually, accidentally, asked, "Are you sure?" It seemed so out of character for him. When I got served the divorce papers, I actually backed up into the wall and slid down until I was sitting on the floor. I was so certain we'd work it out, cheating and all.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 2:56 AM

I knew it was coming, but I bet I shocked the shit outta him when he told me he was going to keep the kids from me and I told that would happen over his dead body.  He did NOTHING but help make them, he bitched about any doctor's appointments, and I had our youngest's physical therapist, occupational therapist, and developmental therapist all ready to testify on my behalf on how he acted when they were in the house and his lack of participation in his therapy sessions.

jordynsmom08
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 5:08 AM
Bump
BatPooCrazy
by <--That I Am on Feb. 21, 2017 at 5:19 AM

no it didnt surprise me.. we talked about it.  he stayed in the house for about a year before he moved out.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 5:21 AM
No, it was all there, I just ignored it and gave it a try for almost a year. Then I just needed out, he was so disgusting to me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 5:31 AM
I think it will be a surprise to him. Even to myself. I just don't think we belong together anymore and we both seem so unhappy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 5:41 AM
I'm not actually divorced yet but we've been separated for...Almost a year. He lives with his girlfriend and I have a boyfriend. He (tried to) hire a hooker (it was a sting by the police) and ended up in jail and treatment. He's a good dad, just a shitty husband. I've accepted it and moved on. We stayed married so he could claim my oldest daughter (not his) on His tax returns and split the money. I'm not even mad anymore. His girlfriend is awesome. My boyfriend is awesome. Oh well. Sometimes shit doesn't work out. We coparent very well and don't argue, ever, in front of the kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 5:42 AM

even my daughter said "You'd have to have been blind to not have seen this divorce coming ten years ago"

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2017 at 12:29 PM
Well, we all know where he isn't going when he kicks it. Hugs.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I was shocked. My ex was a minister. He was having an affair with a girl from the College and Career group at church. When he told me he'd been cheating on me, I actually, accidentally, asked, "Are you sure?" It seemed so out of character for him. When I got served the divorce papers, I actually backed up into the wall and slid down until I was sitting on the floor. I was so certain we'd work it out, cheating and all.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2017 at 12:33 PM
That reminds me of a friend of mine who's now ex dh refused to help with anything when he got home because it was her 'job'. Uh? During their kid's therapies, he'd just be in the garage drinking or something. I can almost understand why she cheated and bounced. Sorry you had to go through that.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

I knew it was coming, but I bet I shocked the shit outta him when he told me he was going to keep the kids from me and I told that would happen over his dead body.  He did NOTHING but help make them, he bitched about any doctor's appointments, and I had our youngest's physical therapist, occupational therapist, and developmental therapist all ready to testify on my behalf on how he acted when they were in the house and his lack of participation in his therapy sessions.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)