Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He's going to kill me one day...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 48 Replies
My hubby can be a real whack job when he drinks. I like to go out for a couple now and then but he drinks to excess on a regular basis. He makes shit up in his head when he gets drunk and just screams at me for hours. I try hard to just ignore his rants but it difficult. He believes the shit he says even though it's untrue. I step outside to smoke and shoot the shit w someone else out there and I'm a whore. He flirts w the girls all night but that's ok. He is seriously getting scary and I don't know what to do anymore. I want to give him an ultimatum (me or alcohol) but I don't think he'd stick to it anyhow. Not sure how much longer I can keep going w him the way things are. I'm beginning to really be afraid of him and I hate it (he has gotten violent in the past. He ripped my shoulder out of socket, he put my face through a plate glass window, he threw me through a door. It's just bizarre that this is my normal)
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2017 at 6:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 6:53 AM
1 mom liked this
Get out
SandpaperSue
by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 6:54 AM
Just leave, if you can't leave for you, then do it for your children.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 6:55 AM
Walk away. I know that's easier said than done but you need to get away. He has to be the one to want to change. You can't force him into it
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 6:55 AM
My ex dh was an alcoholic but he never got physical thankfully. It sounds like a serious time for you to consider divorce.
STVUstudent
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 6:55 AM

yeah, just walk.   Until he hits the bottom and bounces off he is not going to change.  Why just wait for him to kill you?

Newmom8912
by Crystal on Feb. 21, 2017 at 6:55 AM
Leave
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 6:56 AM
Read what you just wrote. Then I think you know what you need to do.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 6:56 AM
Do you have children at home involved in this? My ex husband used to do that, get drunk then believe whatever popped into his head. Although sometimes I think drugs were also involved. I left him. I didn't want that to be the example my child had for a man. I'm sorry I don't have alot of advice, everything I tried didn't work except leaving.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 6:58 AM
You need to leave, like yesterday. I know you know this. Do you have kids? Are they aware of how he is when he drinks? What is he like sober?

Good luck. Please do it, you deserve better.
ReaIisticbeauti
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 6:58 AM
2 moms liked this
Leave now. I had an ex who would get drunk just so he would have the balls to curse me out. I used to argue with him at first but then I started ignoring him. One night he got pissy drunk and he literally tried to kill me. I had a few seconds to make a decision that saved my life. He was arrested that night. Do not wait for that "perfect" time to leave because it can cost you your life.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)