Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I told them if they tried to fight me for grandparents rights they would never see the kids again

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 314 Replies
1 mom liked this

They didnt believe me and now they are paying the price. 

My ex died about a year ago. It was hard on everyone especially the kids. We talked about it and decided to move away and make a fresh start. My exs parents freaked out. They said they would take me to court to stop us from moving. I flat out told them if they even attempted they would be out of our lives. That only disgusting people would act like that. It wasnt like we were moving to spite them but me and the kids felt moving would be best. 

We had been wanting to move there for years but because of custody and where my ex was living it just wasnt a viable option. At this point there is nothing holding us in that town anymore. 

I even went to a lawyer and they have no leg to stand on. There was no way they were ever going to get rights. I even let them know that and they didnt care. 

My kids flat out told them to stop with the BS and they still kept pushing. 

I got notified by a lawyer over all of this and that was the last time they ever saw the kids. I went to the court date without them, my exs parents were told by a judge that it was not in the best interest of the kids and that they could not establish a good enough previous relationship to justify it. 

After it was over they came up and talked to me. I told them they were out of our lives and walked away. 

We changed numbers and the rumor is that they are trying to hire a PI to find us. They dont realize that the kids are old enough to realize how messed up it is for them to be threatening all of this and that they are the ones ddamaging those relationships. They were never close in the first place so idk why they ever thought they would get custody or visitation.

I just really needed to vent about all of this.  

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2017 at 8:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 8:46 AM
5 moms liked this
You sound like a total bitch.. js
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2017 at 8:47 AM
1 mom liked this

How exactly? For doing what is best for my family? For protecting and supporting my kids?

Quoting Anonymous 2: You sound like a total bitch.. js

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 8:48 AM
3 moms liked this
That's horrible. So they lost their son and grandkids? Shame on you!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 8:48 AM
10 moms liked this

your kids wouldn't know all of the grown folks business had you not planted that in their heads.

The grandparents have a right to their grandchildren. it's bad enough they lost a son. smh.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2017 at 8:49 AM
2 moms liked this

Lol shame on them. Their actions pushed us away. There was 0 reasons for them to threaten us. They would have still seen the kids when we go back to visit. Now they dont get that option. 

Quoting Anonymous 3: That's horrible. So they lost their son and grandkids? Shame on you!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 8:49 AM
5 moms liked this
Your children were the only thing these parents had left of their son.. the grandparents were apart of your kids dad.. both would benefit greatly with a stable relationship.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

How exactly? For doing what is best for my family? For protecting and supporting my kids?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2017 at 8:50 AM

My kids are 16 and 17 so they have a very good understanding of all of it. There was no hiding it from them when their grandparents tried to convince them to stay and live with them instead of moving. They even told my kids they would take me to court. 

They do not have any rights to them

Quoting Anonymous 4:

your kids wouldn't know all of the grown folks business had you not planted that in their heads.

The grandparents have a right to their grandchildren. it's bad enough they lost a son. smh.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2017 at 8:50 AM
2 moms liked this

They have never had a stable relationship. Plus you can NOT form a stable relationship based on force and threats. 

Quoting Anonymous 2: Your children were the only thing these parents had left of their son.. the grandparents were apart of your kids dad.. both would benefit greatly with a stable relationship.
Quoting Anonymous 1:

teal.blaze
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 8:56 AM
23 moms liked this
Considering even parents with good relationships can have trouble in the courts forcing the custodial parent to not move, it was highly unlikely that the courts wild have made you stay. You stayed for the kids so they could have a relationship with their dad. He's gone. You have no obligations to your ex's parents. That's like saying my parents or my husband's parents could keep us from moving if we chose to. You are an adult, and other adults shouldn't be able to keep you from living your life as you see fit.
SashaIsPretty
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 8:57 AM
1 mom liked this
This.

Quoting Anonymous 3: That's horrible. So they lost their son and grandkids? Shame on you!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)