Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I cannot take my MIL anymore..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 46 Replies
Dh and I live with his parents because the living plan was basically to live all together and split bills until his parents move in with his grandparents (which they plan to move in about 3 years) then this house will be just ours. It's a decent sized home so space is not an issue at all.

The issue is MIL is a complete control freak and it's getting me to the point where I am always stressed and depressed. When I mention moving out she gets upset and thinks it's pointless because "this is dh's house" but when she wants something her way, it's her house.

She undermines me in front of our kids and lectures me constantly about the house needing cleaned. I am basically a SAHM. Not entirely, because I'm a birth doula and a student. I am gone most week nights, and I go to a birth a couple times a month. When I am at home I take care of our two little ones, clean, study/homework, and work on doula stuff for the agency I work for. This house is mostly always clean, but when our two older kids come home, they tend to make a mess. The only place that seems to be consistently messy is their rooms. I will help get their rooms completely cleaned and organized and within 10 minutes it'll look like a bomb went off.

Anyway, yesterday I came home from visiting my family and she just went in on me about how I need to be better about keeping the house clean and she doesn't even want to come home from work. I told her, "Look, it is really not that bad. I really don't get what you mean. You don't want to come home because the house looks lived in sometimes, or what? You want us to live here, and if you want this house spotless that would mean I would have to clean 24/7. We have FOUR kids."

Oh, and she tried to tell me cps will take the kids away for their rooms being messy. I can't take it anymore. Just let me parent in peace!
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2017 at 9:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2017 at 9:26 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2017 at 9:28 AM
Bump
quinnsmom715
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 9:28 AM
2 moms liked this

tell dh this isnt working and if he wants a happy marriage you need your own home..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 9:29 AM
2 moms liked this

The CPS comment would have had me packing all of our bags and telling her to go fuck herself.  Three more years of that bullshit?  I don't think so!

What does your husband say about all of this?  Please tell me that he at least stands up to her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 9:29 AM

Sounds like my mil. She says this house we living in is ours but 5 minutes later we pay her rent. Plus she thinks she can control what goes on in the house. She aggravates us about church and says we are going to hell. Plus she says we are not allowed to have tv in the house which we do anyway. 

iwicked
by Sugar Magnolia on Feb. 21, 2017 at 9:30 AM
2 moms liked this
Move out already.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 9:30 AM
Get your own place.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 9:30 AM

You're the lady whose husband freaks and texts over and over if you leave for even a moment without the kids, right? I don't think you're going to find peace even if you do get away from her. 

GhostWriter85
by Exotic Butters on Feb. 21, 2017 at 9:31 AM

I would be telling DH we need to find a rental until they move. I would not let that lady run me ragged, she wants a built in maid.

Baby4us09
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 9:31 AM

Not worth the stress.

What does your Dh say about all this? Have you told him how stressed you are?

Seems like it would be easier to just move into an apartment and when she moves out of that house take it over! Later for that! Don't even discuss with her your plans or thoughts on moving out. Talk to your DH and him only. YOu two get on one page and go from there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)