Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm thinking of breaking the court order.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies
I have paid for every court date that my ex and I have ever had. The lawyer for our divorce. He's never hired a lawyer and he's never contributed to having a CO. My oldest DD will be 16 in June. She doesn't want to go to her Dad's for the entire summer(as the CO states). She has a lot of academic opportunities and has been offered a guaranteed spot in a summer Mathletes program. Her Dad said No and she is devastated. He won't even consider it. And all they're going to do all summer is hang out at his house and warehouse. She'll be made to watch her two younger siblings while he works. I'm think about just saying she can stay home. She's worked very hard for this.

Eta: Dad's house is 5 1/2 hours away.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BatPooCrazy
by <--That I Am on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:27 AM

at 16 they wont force her to go.

iwicked
by Sugar Magnolia on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:27 AM
She doesn't have to go at 16.
engagedandproud
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Call your lawyer
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:28 AM
That's what I was thinking. If if he did take us to court. Which I highly doubt he will. She's old enough to decide.

Quoting BatPooCrazy:

at 16 they wont force her to go.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:28 AM
At that age, she can decide for herself.
simplemom
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Don't make her go. He only wants a free babysitter.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:29 AM

You can just go back to court, at this age she is allowed a choice, call your lawyer and see what he/she says to do, but if you out right just break it, more trouble will come.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Talk to your lawyer. By that age, you should be able to petition the court ahead of time so that it's settled before summer. Present your case with hard evidence of all the opportunities your daughter will miss out on as well as your DD herself to confirm that she doesn't wish to go.

Good luck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:30 AM
My 12 yr old is already skipping going to her dad's because she would rather spend time with her little brothers. She is planning on skipping 2 months with him so she can watch her 4yr old brother play t ball and cheer him on.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:31 AM
It's not breaking a court order if at 16 she doesn't want to go. Custody orders aren't sonthe parents get time with the kids it's so the kids get time with their parents. If your daughter doesn't want to go and miss out on great opportunities then she shouldn't go. Maybe she can go visit for a week just not the whole summer.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)