Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DH is financially insane. Time to pinch his purse!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 110 Replies
I love my DH. He is a hard working man. He provides well for us and is a great husband to me.

My DH sucks with money though. Our bills are paid and there is plenty of food in the house. There should be plenty of $ left for saving. BUT my DH spends like a teen. And it drives me nuts!!

For Christmas, he spent almost $400 to get us extremely good floor seats to red hot chilli peppers. I was stoked. I LOVE the band!

Then, a little while later, he spends $500 on guns n roses floor seats!

Then, a couple months after that, he buys $300 floor seats to Weezer for sd's bday present.

Then, he preorders the Nintendo switch, along with 5 games. He wants to get extra controllers too. Fuck.

Now, he texts me saying that roger waters is coming to town and tix go on sale Monday. He wants to spend $300 on them or doesn't want to bother going (he HAS to be on the floor, apparently).

And in between, he orders senseless crap online. Like collectors pins and figures and shit.

Don't even get me started on his subscription boxes!!! His record was 7 boxes in October. He always gets a few every month.

I get that we aren't struggling to make ends meet. BUT - ALL of the money he spends can go towards so many other things. And what do I spend?! Fuck all. I haven't bought myself clothes in over a year. DH buys me stuff all the time. He thinks he's being sweet but fuck!!! It's like he's challenged himself to spend every penny before his next pay comes in. Grrrrrr!!!

Yes, I've talked to him about this. We had a serious talk this past weekend. He promised to stop spending. And then today texts me about more concert tix. Fuck sakes.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:39 AM
5 moms liked this

Dave Ramsey.

It changed our lives, our house is paid for and our son's college is almost fully funded.  I can't say enough about his program, and both of you have to be on board.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:43 AM
4 moms liked this
I think a program is past due for us. It's ridiculous that we have so much net income and barely any savings. I want to be able to travel and save for retirement and college for the kids. Not buy fucking toys and concert tix. :/

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Dave Ramsey.

It changed our lives, our house is paid for and our son's college is almost fully funded.  I can't say enough about his program, and both of you have to be on board.

mojogirl
by Ouiser Boudreaux on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:45 AM

how much do you have in savings?

i agree, he needs his credit cards taken away.

JalynSpoon
by CajunTarHeel on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Hell no.. Time to have a serious come to Jesus talk.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:54 AM
Not nearly enough. No where close to what it should be.

Yes, he really does.

Quoting mojogirl:

how much do you have in savings?

i agree, he needs his credit cards taken away.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:58 AM
2 moms liked this

Eh, I wouldn't have an issue with the concerts as those are experiences. $300-$400 isn't bad at all to me. I've spent much more on concerts for me and my daughter. As for the collectibles, men are funny. But they also pay a lot of money on their collectibles. Should he ever decide to sell them the right buyer could come along and that would be a great windfall. Women aren't the same in that arena. Where men would spend thousands on comic books, action figures or sports cards, women would never spend so much on a collector's Barbie. As for subscription boxes, they're pretty cool if you actually like and use what's sent. If not, I'd have them cancel those.

You obviously have disposable income which he earns so let him enjoy it. So long as he's saving, I don't see the issue. But if he isn't, that's another story. At least he isn't spending the money on hookers and booze. Ha!

evelynolivesmom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:58 AM
1 mom liked this
$300 for Roger is completely acceptable!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2017 at 11:01 AM
I thought we had that talk this passed weekend. I was pissed as fuck when he told me about another preorder switch item.

He isn't going to roger waters. Fuck that. He's spent more than enough on concerts this year.

Quoting JalynSpoon:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2017 at 11:03 AM
1 mom liked this
We went to the wall a few years ago. It was the BEST concert I've ever been to! I have to admit. And I'm sure this tour will be equally amazing. It really does suck that we won't be going :(

But - this year he has spent $1200 on concerts. I could take a lone trip to Mexico for a week for that amount! And I'm seriously considering blowing my savings on a solo trip just to spite him lol

Quoting evelynolivesmom: $300 for Roger is completely acceptable!
JalynSpoon
by CajunTarHeel on Feb. 21, 2017 at 11:15 AM

Who is Roger Waters?

And who is he buying for?

Quoting Anonymous 1: I thought we had that talk this passed weekend. I was pissed as fuck when he told me about another preorder switch item. He isn't going to roger waters. Fuck that. He's spent more than enough on concerts this year.
Quoting JalynSpoon:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)